Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 10-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Riff Meister

Alice Cooper -- Dallas, TX -- October 23rd, 2007

GIG REPORT

I didn't make a setlist, but I did see the Alice Cooper Psycho-Drama Tour this evening, Tuesday October 23rd at the 1700 seat historic Majestic Theater in Dallas, Texas.

I have seen Alice before on several occassions, including the Ultimate Alice experience in 1972 for the KILLER Tour ( One of the 5 Best Rock Concert Performances I have EVER seen, by ANYONE ! ! ! ! !)

There was an Orange Halloween T-Shirt for sale at the concert that listed 8 US Concert Dates on the back, including Alabama, Texas, Calif., NM, and Arizona dates. It said "HAPPY HALLOWEEN". It was too gruesome for me.... that is the price was too gruesome -- $35 for the T-Shirt.

There was a "Halloween" Theme for the show, "The Count Jackula Ball", as promoted by the local Jack FM station 100.3. They had about 10 staffers dressed as ghouls in elaborate costumes. Here's a You Tube of about 10 or so Jack listeners getting to meet Alice after the show for autograph signings. Each person gets like 10 seconds with Alice, then onto the next listener.

You Tube of lucky listeners get to meet Alice after the show

The median age for this show was 40.
Our seats were on the first row, in the Mezzanine Section Stage Right.

The opening act, was LILLIAN AXE. I've heard their name mentioned before --- they have been around for 20 years. Nothing amazing to report here though. The PA setup was not able to get the guitar sound up and over the Bass & Drums, which sounded very good. So, unable to evaluate the guitar properly, I don't really know what they're all about. This was their last of 4 opening dates with Alice for this part of the Psycho-Drama Tour.

Alice, I'm happy to report was in great form. He still has all his moves down to perfection ! Alice's voice is strong and clear. But once again, the guitars, and the voice, was not coming up and over the bass and drums. I guess they need more speakers. (If you dwon on the floor in the first 10-20 rows.... I assume you would get the full force of the stage amps....But we were in the Mezzanine!!)

Here's my ranking of how all of these skilled and talented individuals fared tonight:

1. Master of Mayhem -- Alice

2. Drums -- Eric Singer

3. Bass -- Chuck Garric

4. Guitar -- Jason Hook

5. Guitar -- Keri Kelli

Highlights for me were Elected, 18, School's Out, BBB, Desperado, and Dead Babies.

Be A Friend ! ! !

Last edited by The Rover; 10-24-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Catch The Rainbow

No set list!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Riff Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
No set list!
I've checked this Alabama setlist, and I believe that the Dallas setlist was identical.

October 20th 2007 Birmingham, AL, Alabama Theater
Setlist: Sick Things Intro tape / It's Hot Tonight / No More Mr Nice Guy / Under My Wheels / I'm Eighteen / Is It My Body? / Woman Of Mass distraction / Lost In America / Feed My Frankenstein / Be My Lover / Raped And Freezin' / Dirty Diamonds / Muscle Of Love / Desperado / Halo Of Flies (inc.Drum Solo) / Welcome To My Nightmare / Cold Ethyl / Only Women Bleed / Steven / Dead Babies / Ballad Of Dwight Fry / Medley: Devils Food - Killer - I Love The Dead / School's Out / Billion Dollar Babies / Poison / Elected

Notes: (W/ Lillian Axe)
Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Weirdo from the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
October 20th 2007 Birmingham, AL, Alabama Theater
Setlist: Sick Things Intro tape / It's Hot Tonight / No More Mr Nice Guy / Under My Wheels / I'm Eighteen / Is It My Body? / Woman Of Mass distraction / Lost In America / Feed My Frankenstein / Be My Lover / Raped And Freezin' / Dirty Diamonds / Muscle Of Love / Desperado / Halo Of Flies (inc.Drum Solo) / Welcome To My Nightmare / Cold Ethyl / Only Women Bleed / Steven / Dead Babies / Ballad Of Dwight Fry / Medley: Devils Food - Killer - I Love The Dead / School's Out / Billion Dollar Babies / Poison / Elected
I understand completely why Alice is doing mostly the 70's material, but personally I would love to hear those gems from 80's, 90's and after that too. Now there is only five songs from post-70's era. I saw him performing in Helsinki couple of years ago on Dragontown tour and setlist was in my opinion better balanced then.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 70's material very much. What I'm saying is, that Alice should trust more in his later stuff and in a way prevent the possibility of turning into a nostalgia-act.

So, for the next show in Helsinki (25th of November to be exact) ... bring back The Man Behind The Mask!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Riff Meister

I love the KILLER material especially.... I can NEVER get enough of that.....There is no better Nostalgia than .... KILLER !!

I wish, that Cooper would commit to doing the entir KILLER show, just like he did in 1972!

That would be aewsome ! !

The guillotine, the snake, the glory !!!

But.... I could have done without It's Hot Tonight / Is It My Body? / Lost In America / Dirty Diamonds

Those 4 could have been replaced with 80's and 90's stuff.... more to my liking.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Is there anybody listening?

Why doesn't Cooper ever play Bed Of Nails? That is probably my favorite Alice Cooper song....

Tags
alice cooper