King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014

Old 09-24-2007, 08:14 AM
N00B

Thumbs up Helloween -- Gambling With The Devil

This album isn't out yet but of course its downloadable allready.

The album opens with an intro by Biff Byford (Saxon) and than immediatly kicks in very fast and hard with the track "kill it", a very good heavy metal song, sung brilliantly, followed by "the saints" one of the best tracks of the album and very melodic in its nature, "as long as I fall" follows, not a bad song but not that great either, its the first single of the album and to me it seems Helloween always tries to make their singles a bit less heavy, just like lasts album's "mrs god" and "light the universe", the only two bad songs on keeper 3 in my opinion.

"paint a new world" follows and I really started to enjoy that song after several listening sessions, it has quite a catchy refrain to it, than it goes on with "final fortune", very power metal with keyboards and everything, but still speedy and another great song on this album.
The trilogy containing the songs "bells of the seven hells", "fallen to pieces" and "I.M.E." follow, a great story which has a lot of live potential to my ears and I would love it if they would play it, "can do it" doesn't really do it for me, might become the second single

"Dreambound" is another heavy song with a dark edge to it and the last song on the album "heaven tells no lies" is one of the best tracks of the album, ensuring that you will listen to the whole album every time you put it on.

These are my first impressions after hearing it about five times, with a lot of potential this promises to be a Helloween album the way I like it in the style of "master of the rings" and "time of the oath" and definatly the influences of "keeper of the seven keys 3" are still in here as well.
Andi Deris fans will also enjoy the fact that his voice seems to be better than ever.
I can't wait to hear some of these songs live but I think the album could have done without "can do it".
All in all a very great metal album.
enjoy!!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:52 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuarain View Post
The album opens with an intro by Biff Byford (Saxon)
I don't understand why Biff keeps doing narration for people, his voice always makes me laugh. The narration he does on Freedom Call's story version of Tears of Taragon makes it completely unlistenable, not that it would be anything noteworthy to begin with.