Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 PM
In Search of Truth

A Little Bit of Venting

Sorry to bother you all with this thread, but I needed to vent very very badly right now or I was going to kill the nearest person or six.
In short, the person I believed to be my best friend for about 3 years now just told me that not only are they not my best friend, they're not my friend at all, and they want nothing to do with me anymore. Also, he happens to be the other guitarist in my band, so naturally with that comes his decision to leave.
The biggest problem I have with all of this is that he has been leading me on for 3 years now to think that everything was fine. We hung out together like twice a week, we had practice, we went to a lot of shows together and constantly joked around and had many great times. I never would have thought in a million years that this friendship would ever end, or at least never end like this. That's what bugs me the most. The fact that he just told me tonight in a random Insant Message like it wasn't anything major... because apparently to him, it wasnt really because he'd been contemplating this for so long now, completely unknown to me who thought we were the best of friends.
I just can't believe it. I'm completely honest when I say this that I seriously would have been less shocked if my parents had told me I was adopted tonight, that's how deeply this cuts and how surprising it is.

Sorry to bother you all, I just needed to get all that out.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I think everyone goes through a period where they start figuring out who their true friends are and weeding out the ones who turn out to be assholes. It sounds rough, but pretty soon you'll be glad you've cut people like that out of your life.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:07 AM
We're dying on the inside

That sucks bigtime, man. I hope you find the strength to carry on
Old 09-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

So...was it that he was like "I Want Out" with the band and you two got into this huge argument about friendship and what not?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Voodoo Child

This may seem like an ignorant response, but I thought that I would offer my thoughts. Are you sure that the message was meant for you? Perhaps he was trying to get rid of a girlfriend or someone else and possibly sent the message to you by mistake.

I minored in psychology and usually understand people well. If your friend's intention was to send this message, it was probably sent for a reason. Perhaps someone provided incorrect information about you to him. For example, someone could have stated that you were doing his girlfriend or that you were talking shit about him behind his back. It's very rare for a guy to tell his best friend those things, unless provoked. Most people would simply stop taking phone calls, answering text messages, and try to disappear from that person's life.

I recommend calling him and asking what the hell is up. If you spent as much time with him as you stated, then he was a friend.

Good luck and sorry to hear about your troubles.

Last edited by jeremysaal; 09-24-2007 at 05:23 PM.