Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 09-06-2007, 06:25 AM
In Search of Truth

The only decision I have to make now is how many times I can afford to go see this tour, because I have a feeling I'm going as many times as I can.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The only decision I have to make now is how many times I can afford to go see this tour, because I have a feeling I'm going as many times as I can.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
That reminds me... QUICK, EVERYBODY PUT ECW ON IGNORE!

*cough* Nostalgia band. *cough*

Provided they don't do anything retarded (Ozzfest, shortened sets, outrageous ticket prices, playing "Alexander the Great") I'll go.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post

Provided they don't do anything retarded (Ozzfest, shortened sets, outrageous ticket prices, playing "Alexander the Great") I'll go.
I don't think Maiden tickets have ever been that expensive. I don't remember what I paid for two tickets in 2003 but I think altogther it was $90.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:43 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
I don't think Maiden tickets have ever been that expensive. I don't remember what I paid for two tickets in 2003 but I think altogther it was $90.
I doubt it will be. If it's much over $50 though, I'll probably pass. But that's just sort of my general rule about concert prices
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
N00B

This is gonna be great!!!! as long as they stick to those albums. I agree that they should leave the first four albums to the early days, but i think they'll include a couple of songs, obviously run to the hills, hallowed be thy name, number of the beast, probably classics like sanctuary/ironmaiden.

But having the chance to hear songs like the clairvoyant, infinite dreams, seventh son of a seventh son, aces high, flash of the blade?!??!?! It will be immense!!!!

i am very relieved to be honest, im really excited. After two years of AMOLD im excited, but not as much as 2005 on the early days tour!!!! I'd like to see how these compare
Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
"Stadiums and festivals"? For fuck sakes.

Play some real goddamn venues. Stop trying to hit as many people as possible in a single night and play a string of dates in real places like you used to.

"one and half millions fans"? Yeah, great. But only about 200,000 of those will actually get to see you. Wonderful.

So, what's the UK going to get? Headlining Reading in front of a bunch of indie fans again? That was successful last time. Or Wembley Stadium? The worst venue for music we've had in this country pretty much ever.

I reckon this will rule in the States and suck the big one in Europe.

I think maiden cater very well for the fans in the u.k, when ever they play a festival (reading/leeds 2005 and donnigton 07) on both these occaisons they play one date at a much smaller and intimate venue, such as brixton accademy or hammersmith for the clive burr charity.

i suppose reading wasnt the best choice of "venue" in 05 but it fitted the theme of the early days tour, before 2005 they only played reading twice, once in 1980 and once in 1982, it was also at reading festival where iron maiden asked bruce dickinson in 1980. so reading was kinda a good choice for them for the "early days" tour.

Im not doing reading festival up the arse, i think its a crap festival, like you say indie bands and fans, but u can always get a day ticket etc. there were loads of maiden fans there at reading in 05.
What was quite amusing tho were indie kids watching iron maiden waiting to here fear of the dark and rainmaker, and obviously disappointed and after the set, they thought maiden were shit lol

To guess where they are going to play in the U.K is a challenge.

at donnigton they said they're going to return in a big muddy field......so i would put my money on a festival:

Donnington??? Very unlikely as they headlined last year

Reading/leeds???? Fairly likely, but i hope not.

Glastonbury???? again fairly likely

Knebworth???? i think this would be awesome

Stadiums, i would probably put my money on wembley or twickenham or milton keynes.
Wembley isnt too bad, i hate the golden circle bullshit, but i saw metallica and live earth there and i had no complaints about the venue, just the price of food and shit, but the atmosphere in there is amazing!!!

I would also bank on maiden doing a smaller gig at a smaller venue in aid of clive burr again sum where in london
Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
RIME!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Aces High
Revelations
The Trooper
2 Minutes To Midnight
Powerslave
Heaven Can Wait
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
The Clairvoyant
Killers
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Number Of The Beast
Iron Maiden
Great fuckin' set list!!!! I have a feeling we may get a song or two from No prayer For The Dying as well!