Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

  #61  
Old 09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I know this record sucks. I am talking mainly about GB.
I can definitely tell it's Iced Earth through the riffing and such. But I get your gist.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Maybe because this sounds NOTHING like thier earlier stuff?
God dammit, my point is that YES it does. Anyone who claims that this sounds "NOTHING" like their previous work is either deaf or retarded. I'm not going to claim it's exactly the same because there are subtle differences, but for the most part it's really the same thing as any other Iced Earth album. You've got your fast thrashier numbers with the synchopated E-F riffing and the traditional ballads, and the overly long songs that are trying to be epic. The consistancy of good songs to filler is about the same as any other album too. It really annoys me when people do this, how they try to back up their unfounded opinion by claiming it sounds "nothing alike" when in fact it really does. (People who liked BNW or DOD but disliked A Matter of Life and Death come to mind)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
(People who liked BNW or DOD but disliked A Matter of Life and Death come to mind)
Not to change the subject, but the reason I don't like AMOLAD yet like BNW, is becuase it sounds EXACTLY like BNW. That soft intro, song, outro epic type of song was cool the first 10 times. But it got very old after a while. So when I discovered that AMOLAD was more of the same as BNW, I just assumed Maiden gave up and got lazy. It's so contrived that they need soft intros and outros for nearly EVERY FUCKING SONG!
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Not to change the subject, but the reason I don't like AMOLAD yet like BNW, is becuase it sounds EXACTLY like BNW. That soft intro, song, outro epic type of song was cool the first 10 times. But it got very old after a while. So when I discovered that AMOLAD was more of the same as BNW, I just assumed Maiden gave up and got lazy. It's so contrived that they need soft intros and outros for nearly EVERY FUCKING SONG!
I can see your point, the problem is that this new IE isn't drawing criticism for being exactly the same (if people are expecting anything creative out of Schaffer, they should've given up a long time ago)... it's drawing unnecessary criticism from people bitching that it sucks for other reasons when in fact it really sounds quite similar to a standard IE album.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Fe Maiden's Avatar
Fe Maiden Fe Maiden is offline
Catch The Rainbow
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Posts: 3,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
__________________
Blue Oyster Cult & Deep Purple 8-6-14
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Human_Metal's Avatar
Human_Metal Human_Metal is offline
...and Forevermore our Union will Remain
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah, not only is it not that bad, the thing that really bugs me is that it's NOT any worse than the average Iced Earth album. I understand if people never liked them in the first place but to like or love earlier work and hate this is just stupid as the margin of difference is not very big.
I agree 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
God dammit, my point is that YES it does. Anyone who claims that this sounds "NOTHING" like their previous work is either deaf or retarded. I'm not going to claim it's exactly the same because there are subtle differences, but for the most part it's really the same thing as any other Iced Earth album. You've got your fast thrashier numbers with the synchopated E-F riffing and the traditional ballads, and the overly long songs that are trying to be epic. The consistancy of good songs to filler is about the same as any other album too. It really annoys me when people do this, how they try to back up their unfounded opinion by claiming it sounds "nothing alike" when in fact it really does. (People who liked BNW or DOD but disliked A Matter of Life and Death come to mind)

man... you are wrong on that one.

the guitar work on this album is taken right from glorious burden, which also sounds NOTHING like their previous work. just because it has the "chugga chugga" sound doesnt make it the same as the old stuff.

*plays travel in stygian*
*plays diary*
*plays wolf*
*plays new shit*

yea i can really see how they sound exactly the same
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-28-2007, 03:58 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is online now
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Not to change the subject, but the reason I don't like AMOLAD yet like BNW, is becuase it sounds EXACTLY like BNW. That soft intro, song, outro epic type of song was cool the first 10 times. But it got very old after a while. So when I discovered that AMOLAD was more of the same as BNW, I just assumed Maiden gave up and got lazy. It's so contrived that they need soft intros and outros for nearly EVERY FUCKING SONG!
You worry too much about the structure and not enough about the songs.

Now stop trying to hijack this thread and let these guys continue with the Iced Earth bashing.

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft's Avatar
Blitzkrieg Witchcraft Blitzkrieg Witchcraft is offline
Play it loud, don't play it low
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
*plays wolf*


best Iced Earth song ever.
__________________
2/23: Metal Church
3/21: Carcass
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008