After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-16-2007, 06:01 AM
Dharma Wants You

Kamelot -- New Port Richey, FL -- August 15th, 2007

So I'm pretty positive last night's show is was hands down one of my favorite shows of all time. It was perfect in every aspect.

Pre-Show

Me and my girlfriend got to the venue at around 5:00, two hours before doors open; because we figured there would be a huge line. WRONG. There NO line. Not a single person waiting. So we decided to go in the venue to just sit down and have a drink and play some pool. All the guys from Kamelot were just hanging out out with their families in there, and doing sound-check ( which was awesome to get to hear ) but they seemed pretty busy so I didn't want to bother them. A few more people started showing up outside and around an hour before doors open, around 6:00 they kicked us out and we formed a line at the door.

The Show

A little after seven the doors openend and we all piled in. Bourbon Street is an EXTREMELY intimate venue, as there the stage is around 2 feet high, and there is no barrier between the stage and the fans. So naturally I sped my ass up to get front row. I selected a spot right between where Thomas and Roy would be. We waited around for a while and I got my Ghost Opera shirt, and then finally the first band hit the stage. They were called Royal Anguish and played some surprisingly good gothic death metal. And I'll be damned if their singer is the scariest motherfucker in central Florida. They are signed by FEAR DARK records out of Holland, so check 'em out if you're interested at www.royalanguish.com

SETLIST:

Intro
01. Playing God
02. Educate Me
03. Dry, Pale Existence
04. Bass Solo
05. Journey Through The Shadows Of Time
06. Twisted Angel

After Royal Anguish life the stage we waited around for about another hour for Wade Black's Black Reign to come on. He used to sing for Crimson Glory and Leatherwolf and his set was comprised of songs from both of those bands. Not bad at all, just balls to the wall traditional heavy metal. Wouldn't go to seem them again, but it was enjoyable to watch.

SETLIST: ( All Crimson Glory material unless otherwise noted. )

Intro: March To Glory
01. War Of The Worlds
02. Astronomica
03. Edge Of Forever
04. New World Machine
05. Lucifer's Hammer
06. Behind The Gun ( Leatherwolf )

Part two on the way....
Old 08-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Dharma Wants You

Okay, Crimson Glory left the stage and the wait began. It was a REALLY long wait, like an hour or so until Kamelot finally came on. Solitaire was played over the PA and out they came. They were absolutely PERFECT. Everything about the performance was outstanding. Having all the bands members like two inches away was awesome, and Roy gave me handshakes quite a few times. I went crazy through the entire set, and sort of hurt my neck but it was so worth it. At the end, I got handshakes from all of them and Thomas and Glenn walked over and both gave me picks. I got the setlist from off the stage as well.

SETLIST:

Intro: Solitaire
01. Rule The World
02. When The Lights Are Down
03. Soul Society
04. Mourning Star
05. The Fourth Legacy
06. Abandoned
07. Descent Of The Archangel
08. Instrumental
09. The Human Stain
10. Memento Mori
11. Keyboard Solo
12. The Haunting ( Somewhere In Time )
13. Forever
-------------------------------------------
14. Ghost Opera
15. Love You To Death
16. Karma
-------------------------------------------
17. March Of Mephisto

After the show I got a drink and went out to hopefully meet the guys and get some pictures. Oliver was the only one out when I got over there so I got a picture for him and he seemed very nice. He was talking with everyone and was just really cool. The girl who's doing the female vocals for this tour ( I forgot her name ) was out and I complimented her on doing a great job. Then I went inside and saw Casey talking with some fans so I got a picture with him as well and talked with him for a few. Glenn walked in a few minutes later and I asked to get a picture with him and got one, although he seemed a little preoccupied. I waited for about 30 minutes for Thomas and Roy to come out because I REALLY wanted a picture with Thomas. So finally Roy came out, took a picture with two girls and then said he had to go. Thomas never came out , but I decided I needed to start heading home. But I came out with a setlist, a pick from Glenn and Thomas, and a picture with three of them ( which I will post later on ). Absolutely GREAT show, I give it 10/10.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

I can't fucking wait till sunday.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Wait, no Center Of The Universe?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Great report!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Wait, no Center Of The Universe?
I was very surprised as well, but maybe it was just for my show they dropped it...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

thats a good set, its nice to see that theyre not over doing it with the new songs.

Tags
black reign, kamelot, royal anguish