Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Old 07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
That pisses me off. The death of one of the truly innovative artists in history was buried at the bottom of a list of headlines, but the death of a football coach was the first one, accompanied with a picture.

Did you honestly expect them to not put a great american motivational hero and father figure who led his team to victory many times despite the odds and could leap tall buildings in a single bound at the top?

(sarcasm)
Old 07-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Well, I know I can't change it. In this country, football > most things. But it's just disappointing.
Not really. You dont like football, so its only natural that you would like to see more attention paid to a director. The general public knows more about football than some film-maker. That doesnt make the public any worse, it just means the newspapers were smart enough to cater to the biggest money maker. Thats how things work. If you like football, you have no problem with it. If you dont, then you are outraged. It doesnt matter.

Since I am a 49ers fan, and have never seen this guys movies, I brought up Walsh's death.

:football: :monstertrucks: :fireworks: :guns: :america:
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 PM

Brad is 100% right. If you're a football-anything you get priorities. In my highschool football jocks were allowed to cut the lunch line cause "great game last night" bs, and my football coach even ran over and killed a man with his truck and he got off without even a slap on the wrist.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Not really. You dont like football, so its only natural that you would like to see more attention paid to a director. The general public knows more about football than some film-maker. That doesnt make the public any worse, it just means the newspapers were smart enough to cater to the biggest money maker. Thats how things work. If you like football, you have no problem with it. If you dont, then you are outraged. It doesnt matter.

Since I am a 49ers fan, and have never seen this guys movies, I brought up Walsh's death.

:football: :monstertrucks: :fireworks: :guns: :america:
I don't mean to be closedminded or anything like that, but you can't honestly think ANY football coach or player's contribution to the world is more important than that of ANY good artist, regardless of their medium.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Brad is 100% right. If you're a football-anything you get priorities. In my highschool football jocks were allowed to cut the lunch line cause "great game last night" bs, and my football coach even ran over and killed a man with his truck and he got off without even a slap on the wrist.
Gah, I hate that shit. Like how all of our city's tax dollars go straight to the athletic department.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Gah, I hate that shit. Like how all of our city's tax dollars go straight to the athletic department.

Same here. The roads by my house are absolute shit, if you swerve to avoid one pothole you hit another one. So what does the town spend money on? They dig up an old indian artifact site and build a freaking football field.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Same here. The roads by my house are absolute shit, if you swerve to avoid one pothole you hit another one. So what does the town spend money on? They dig up an old indian artifact site and build a freaking football field.
Shit like that almost makes you wish they were spending the money on the war.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Shit like that almost makes you wish they were spending the money on the war.

maybe theyll build some football stadiums in iraq.

Oh, and get this, our football team got their uniforms steam cleaned before each game, yet they didnt even have paper towels in the bathrooms. I tell you, sussex county has the most ass-backwards people youll ever meet. stay clear of it should you ever venture out of the corn fields.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
I don't mean to be closedminded or anything like that, but you can't honestly think ANY football coach or player's contribution to the world is more important than that of ANY good artist, regardless of their medium.
I am not saying I think one is better than the other. I am saying, more people are going to read the news online or buy a newspaper if a football coach is given preference over a director. You are too idealist to think they wouldnt.

On that note, I think you are being close-minded. This issue doesnt come down to football versus films. It comes down to people wanting more attention given to what they like. YOU dont like football. However, YOU would fuck ANY form of art if it wore a skirt. You think that what YOU like takes preference over anything anyone else likes. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH HARRY POTTER. I dont like Harry Potter, I was pissed that the media wouldnt shut up about it. But I was told I was wrong. Why? Because the majority of people in the discussion didnt agree with me. NOW, because the majority of the people in the discussion, (well, 2 out of 3) are more inclined to enjoy art/film than football, THEY are correct in bitching about media coverage? The media covers Harry Potter over the Iraq War, because Harry Potter will get them more viewers/readers.

The media is always going to cover what sells the most. Quit bitching about it. I havent seen any Bergman films, but I am a 49ers fan. Am I someone uncivilized for that? No. Its pretty easy to say Bergman is more important than Walsh, when you have already established the biased stance of support FOR Bergman, against Walsh. Both are in completely different fields of society, work, and entertainment. Apples and Oranges. Both contributed greatly to their respective fields. Neither is better.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Regretting my username

Someone in the paper yesterday wrote a letter-to-the-editor and complained that the lights around the courthouse looked too out of place, and suggested the city buy new ones to make downtown look prettier. WHAT WHAT WHAT????
Closed Thread