Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014
Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-11-2007, 08:21 AM
In Search of Truth

Symphony X -- Philadelphia, PA -- August 10th, 2007

Last night was my second time seeing Symphony X on the Paradise Lost tour, as I saw them on 5/25 at the warm-up gig in New York City. Being that they're one of my favorite bands I definately was up for seeing them again. I attended with just my friend Nick, as all our other friends had prior engagements that kept them from attending. We got down to Philly and parked around quarter of 4... We got to the Troc to discover that we were the first people in line. We talked to some cool folks in line and the doors opened fairly promptly around 7 PM.
The first band came on around 7:30 I suppose, they were called Stygian, apparently from the Philly area. I didn't care for them much, they played like 5 songs and closed with Metallica's Damage Inc.
Second band was Echoes of Eternity. A bit more up my alley but I still wasn't really impressed by them. The singer was pretty hot though so it made it more enjoyable. Haha.
Third band was Sanctity. I'd seen these guys before and thought they were ok, and that was basically my thoughts this time around. The singer/guitarist wants to be James Hetfield so bad it's not even funny though. They werent bad to stand through but they really got the crowd going in a very bad fasion. All openers sets were approx. 30 minutes.
Symphony X came on around quarter of 10. They put on such an amazing show as any X fan knows. Russell Allen has to be one of the best frontmen around today. Romeo's guitar work is spot on live, especially impressive being how complicated it is. I can't believe how much fun the guys have on-stage, especially considering how complicated their music is and how accurately they perform it. I felt the set list was a tad on the short side but still very enjoyable. The crowd goes absolutely nuts when they do the Odyssey. All in all, amazing show, very glad I went, and I'm sure I'll go to see them as many times as they want to play around here.
Oh, and I purchased a V t-shirt because I didn't have one. They had like 6 t-shirt designs though, as well as a longsleeve, hoodie, and a few other things I think.

Set List:
Intro
1.Set the World on Fire
2.Domination
3.Serpent's Kiss
4.Paradise Lost
5.Inferno
6.Smoke and Mirros
7.Walls of Babylon
8.Sea of Lies
9.Of Sins and Shadows
Encore
10.The Odyssey
Old 08-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Same set as July 30 which is sorely missing Communion And The Oracle
Old 08-11-2007, 12:12 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
Same set as July 30 which is sorely missing Communion And The Oracle
Indeed. Evolution as well. In my opinion V is their finest album and they should play a couple songs off it. I feel the tour set list is too short regardless of what specifically it lacks. The old Odyssey tour set list from like 2003 was about 14 songs rather than 10 and that included some even longer numbers like The Accolade that this set doesn't.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Indeed. Evolution as well. In my opinion V is their finest album and they should play a couple songs off it. I feel the tour set list is too short regardless of what specifically it lacks. The old Odyssey tour set list from like 2003 was about 14 songs rather than 10 and that included some even longer numbers like The Accolade that this set doesn't.
Agreed! Too much of the opening bands and not enough Sym. X! And yes indeed V is just

Tags
symphony x