Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014
HIM -- Silver Spring, MD -- December 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 07-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Hearts I Rip?

Exclamation Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

For all of you who've finished the book...

MASSIVE SPOILERS

-----------------------------------------------

Wasn't that the most amazing ending you've ever read? The way Snape redeemed himself, the meeting between Dumbledore and Harry at the end, and the final epilogue? True, the middle of the book seemed to bog down quite a lot with way too much dialogue and not enough action, but once the book dwindles down to the last few hundred pages, it is non stop action. I actually cried when Harry realized that he must sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, and the incorporation of the Three Hallows added further depth to this most incredible story.

Thank you JK Rowling for the greatest books ever written.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:28 AM
We're dying on the inside

Wait, so Harry dies?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
MY LEG!!

http://machodance.ytmnd.com/
Old 07-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Hearts I Rip?

Arrow

Well, he does get 'killed' again. But through his blood (read Book 4), he is yet again able to survive the killing curse, and at the same time destroy the Horcrux within his body.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

EPIK VIDEHO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vas-7a7is
Old 07-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

So is he dead or isn't he? The time when the rest of us, who ordinarily would have nothing against people liking something we don't, can stop hearing about it and having it rammed down our throats will be a glorious day.

Imagine being on the receiving end. Tell me something you don't like and I'll pollute every website, tv station and radio station with it for the next 15 years (which is will be once the last two films are done). See if you don't get sick of it.

"Greatest books ever written" my arse. Enjoyable they may very well be, and of course all the fans are entitled to enjoy them, but come on. Get a grip. They're kids books for Christ sake. Even if they're the greatest kids books ever written the very level of language required to be a kids book precludes them from being the best books of all time.

Being a fan of a series is one thing, but the hysteria and ridiculous obsession around Potter is insane. Anyone see footage of all the crazy idiots queued outside book stores dressed as wizards and shit? And I thought Star Wars nerds were bad!

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
So is he dead or isn't he? The time when the rest of us, who ordinarily would have nothing against people liking something we don't, can stop hearing about it and having it rammed down our throats will be a glorious day.

Imagine being on the receiving end. Tell me something you don't like and I'll pollute every website, tv station and radio station with it for the next 15 years (which is will be once the last two films are done). See if you don't get sick of it.

"Greatest books ever written" my arse. Enjoyable they may very well be, and of course all the fans are entitled to enjoy them, but come on. Get a grip. They're kids books for Christ sake. Even if they're the greatest kids books ever written the very level of language required to be a kids book precludes them from being the best books of all time.

Being a fan of a series is one thing, but the hysteria and ridiculous obsession around Potter is insane. Anyone see footage of all the crazy idiots queued outside book stores dressed as wizards and shit? And I thought Star Wars nerds were bad!

FUCKING THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! At least someone has some sense here. I am getting flamed (elsewhere) that I am just against these books because of some vendetta against the concept of conformity. The books may be good, but they just as you said: kids books. I think every teenager in the land is sucked into these books, and even adults like them, and the result is that no one wants to step back and say: why did I just stand in line for 4 hours to buy a book that will still be there tomorrow? Why am I dressed up like a wizard (or Jack Sparrow, samething)? American society's collective memory is so fucking short..we chastised the nerds for dressing up like D&D characters, or the Star Wars nerds for going to conventions in costume...Yet we repeat ourselves 20-30 years later.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Yea, fuck anyone whos a fanatic, i mean they should just fucking go to hell for liking something and wanting to express it especially all those douchebags who walk around in biker vests with band patches all over the place. they should just get a fucking life! and especially when theyre on tv, cause ill be DAMNED if anyone puts something on tv that annoys me!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Yea, fuck anyone whos a fanatic, i mean they should just fucking go to hell for liking something and wanting to express it especially all those douchebags who walk around in biker vests with band patches all over the place. they should just get a fucking life! and especially when theyre on tv, cause ill be DAMNED if anyone puts something on tv that annoys me!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post