Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

Old 07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I'm not bashing college, but people should realize their success will be based on their own personal
ability and not a piece of paper that says you went to class and did your homework. Lots of people get their B.A. and think they're a cut above everyone else, but all a college does is make you a certified trainee. Lots of people don't end up with jobs even after they graduate because theyre as flimsy as the paper their degree was printed on.

Also, Bill Gates started out with pretty much no money, just his drive to be successful and outsmarting others.
Something deep inside of me says that since I REALLY enjoy studying history, constitutional law, social-psychology, etc....going to college to study in one of those fields, which will earn me a degree of some kind. Having that degree and the personal drive/interest in what I do can push me to pursue any related career. If I have to make a living, it might as well be doing something I really enjoy. Whether that takes me to teaching high school students, working for a university, holding public office, lawyering, whatever....I will make my living doing something that I want to do, not just some mind-numbing task that merely fulfills my financial needs.