Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Whew, it was time for me to redo this list:

Symphony X - Communion and the Oracle (5/25/07)
Symphony X - Evolution (11/20/08)
jealous.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-07-2010, 05:08 AM
I return to the cem-e-te-ryyy

Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Old 05-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Ironbound

I was thinking about this today -

Iron Maiden - Dream of Mirrors 08/12/00
Iron Maiden - Ghost of the Navigator 08/12/00
Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers 08/12/00
Iron Maiden - Brave New World 08/12/00
Iron Maiden - The Wickerman 08/12/00

Front Row and Center, Brave New World Tour!
Opening Acts - Halford and Queensryche.

I was asked before the show to be one of the girls at the end inside the Wickerman, but I didn't want to give up my front row seat.

Bruce got really pissed off at someone and starting cursing and threw his towel. I caught (and still have somewhere) said towel.

Best Maiden show EVER!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green and Black View Post

I was asked before the show to be one of the girls at the end inside the Wickerman, but I didn't want to give up my front row seat.

Bruce got really pissed off at someone and starting cursing and threw his towel. I caught (and still have somewhere) said towel.

Best Maiden show EVER!

(But you should have done the Wickerman thing. Talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity! On stage with Maiden in the Wickerman. That would have been so cool.)
Old 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:

Best Maiden show EVER!
The part I bolded is why I love you, haha. Unlike most girls at a metal show you'd rather keep your awesome spot and see the show rather than dance around on stage. Well done. Would've been a cool thing to say you did, but NOTHING compares with Maiden from the rail.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:28 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
jealous.
Yeah, they tend to downplay V material anymore. I also saw Egypt/The Death of Blance, but like Communion - just once. Evolution I managed twice. I hope they bring something back (preferably Communion) as a regular on the next tour. "Fallen" would be cool, they haven't done that in a long time.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:

Best Maiden show EVER!
I saw them on that tour as well. It was truely awesome With it being Bruce's big comeback tour with them, the vibe for the show was really in another world. Everyone knew they were seeing something special that night.

I can't believe you turned down an offer to be in The Wickerman Was it gonna be for the whole show or just for a certian song? I can't recall if there were girls in it the whole show or not when I saw them.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah, they tend to downplay V material anymore. I also saw Egypt/The Death of Blance, but like Communion - just once. Evolution I managed twice. I hope they bring something back (preferably Communion) as a regular on the next tour. "Fallen" would be cool, they haven't done that in a long time.
yeah it's a shame because V is probably one of their best albums. i've seen Egypt once also, but have yet to see Communion and Evolution. i'd love to see Accolade I and II, Wicked, Out of the Ashes, and Eyes of Medusa. not sure if i've ever seen any of them on a setlist.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
yeah it's a shame because V is probably one of their best albums. i've seen Egypt once also, but have yet to see Communion and Evolution. i'd love to see Accolade I and II, Wicked, Out of the Ashes, and Eyes of Medusa. not sure if i've ever seen any of them on a setlist.
The last time Medusa was played was 2001, but the other ones you mentioned were all done on The Odyssey tour 2002-2003, and Wicked was done on Gigantour in 2005. None since. The Accolade I and II are probably the SX songs I want to see the most.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Ironbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
(But you should have done the Wickerman thing. Talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity! On stage with Maiden in the Wickerman. That would have been so cool.)
Maybe if I had a lawn seat or something, but no way I was giving up front row and center. I also took a ton of pictures, caught 3 guitar picks and a drumstick that night, not to mention that towel from Bruce. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I saw them on that tour as well. It was truely awesome With it being Bruce's big comeback tour with them, the vibe for the show was really in another world. Everyone knew they were seeing something special that night.

I can't believe you turned down an offer to be in The Wickerman Was it gonna be for the whole show or just for a certian song? I can't recall if there were girls in it the whole show or not when I saw them.
What you said, in bold, just all the more reasons to not do the Wickerman thing, and give all that up? From what I could tell, the girls were just in the Wickerman at the end, during the song Iron Maiden. Then Bruce walked up there at the very end, opened the hatch and they were all groping his legs. Very similar, if not identical to the Rio DVD. The details were sketchy, but I recall being told I would miss the show, or atleast a significant portion of it, so while I was flattered to be asked, no way I was gonna do it!

Quote:
The part I bolded is why I love you, haha. Unlike most girls at a metal show you'd rather keep your awesome spot and see the show rather than dance around on stage. Well done. Would've been a cool thing to say you did, but NOTHING compares with Maiden from the rail.
Yes! See, you get it!