Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
You don't believe free expression should be suppressed out of moral disagreement? Ever heard of NAMBLA? The bullets on their web site sound very libetarian but are really about legalizing forms of pediphilia.
As long as it stays just talk, then fine. Let the sick fucks have their twisted little fantasies. But, just like anything else, if it leads to actions that are illegal, all bets are off. In that way, it's not really any different from anything else we're discussing.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
if everyone here was a satanist we would have killed each other by now because satanic law deems we destroy those who annoy us.
No, Pavo would have just banned us all.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Regretting my username

Yah know what...Screw this. I dont support Satanism, I do support religious freedom and the freedom of expression and the freedom to information. Thats it..I am done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
As long as it stays just talk, then fine. Let the sick fucks have their twisted little fantasies. But, just like anything else, if it leads to actions that are illegal, all bets are off. In that way, it's not really any different from anything else we're discussing.
Jesus, thank you for saying that.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
TI dont know why this has become a "Satanism is bad because...." argument. Mike, you of all people should be most infuriated that freedom of speech and press is being endangered. I dont support Satanism, but is it right for society to automatically label them as murderers and corrupt? It also saddens me that you, Mike, focused only on a small part of my argument (that all belief systems, at their core are harmless, only the believers are dangerous), and you ignored my "Parents need to tame their kids instead of meddling in other peoples busness" statement.
I'll take credit for steering the debate to that point. It relates directly why I would restrict the sales of black metal from minors.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Let's back up for a moment. It doesn't matter what Satanism preaches, because that doesn't necessarily dictate what actions its followers will take. Christianity has much more positive messages as its main philosophy, but which religion has had more violence committed in its name? You can't punish people for what they might do, only what they've done.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Fuck it, why am I getting involved in this?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Well, of course "when it's too late." Do we catch murderers BEFORE they kill someone? You can say that it's possible, that someone may have eventually killed someone, but it's impossible to prove.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Let's back up for a moment. It doesn't matter what Satanism preaches, because that doesn't necessarily dictate what actions its followers will take. Christianity has much more positive messages as its main philosophy, but which religion has had more violence committed in its name? You can't punish people for what they might do, only what they've done.
Goddamn you are on a roll.

To be honest, I am only against restricting sales to minors because I am a minor....Once I hit 18, I probably won't give a shit. But wont kids just find their music on the internet, like they already do?

But, the main idea of this whole thread is that these bands are being banned from PERFORMING in Poland.....Anyone want to take the authoritarian stance on this one, and say what happens in the privacy of a privately-owned club/venue, in the presence of fans that willfully purchased tickets to see the band performing, should be regulated/outlawed?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Let's not even mention the absolutely ridiculous fact that Marilyn Manson was banned for the same reasons as Behemoth.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Goddamn you are on a roll.

To be honest, I am only against restricting sales to minors because I am a minor....Once I hit 18, I probably won't give a shit. But wont kids just find their music on the internet, like they already do?

But, the main idea of this whole thread is that these bands are being banned from PERFORMING in Poland.....Anyone want to take the authoritarian stance on this one, and say what happens in the privacy of a privately-owned club/venue, in the presence of fans that willfully purchased tickets to see the band performing, should be regulated/outlawed?
In principle, I'd take the partial authoritarian stance in a similar age restriction as I've suggested for album sales for concerts. No pun intended but the devil is in the details.