Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

  #1  
Old 06-02-2007, 04:31 AM
girnny777's Avatar
girnny777 girnny777 is offline
Sad Wings Of Destiny
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trumbull, CT
Posts: 781
Emperor -- New York, NY -- June 1st, 2007

Into The Infinity Of Thoughts/The Burning Shadows Of Silence/Cosmic Keys To My Creations and Times
Thus Spake The Nightspirit
An Elegy Of Icaros
Curse You All Men!
With Strength I Burn
Towards The Pantheon
Majesty of the Nightsky
The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
In The Wordless Chamber
Inno A Satana
Opus A Satana Part I
-------
I Am The Black Wizards
Ye Entrancemperium
Opus A Satana Part II

Yup, there it is, possibly missing one but I don't think so. It was a fantastic show overall, lots of energy on stage. I can't wait for Immortal and Mayhem this summer.

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 06-02-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-2007, 04:58 AM
overkiller overkiller is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,702
Dammit, I actually wrote down the setlist this time and you beat me to it. You missed Majesty of the Nightsky after Towards the Pantheon though.


And it was SO fucking worth it to see them again with Samoth. Their music is meant to have more than one guitar, and they sounded so much better with him there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-2007, 06:19 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
I wonder why they don't just record again. They're on good terms with each other and everything. Who wouldn't want a new Emperor record?
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-2007, 07:06 AM
overkiller overkiller is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I wonder why they don't just record again. They're on good terms with each other and everything. Who wouldn't want a new Emperor record?
I'm not that interested. Some bands say all they have to say and that's it. I don't think Emperor has anything more to say. Their members are disseminating their musical ideas through other projects, which is fine by me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2007, 08:25 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
I'm not that interested. Some bands say all they have to say and that's it. I don't think Emperor has anything more to say. Their members are disseminating their musical ideas through other projects, which is fine by me.
Fair enough.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-2007, 11:58 AM
girnny777's Avatar
girnny777 girnny777 is offline
Sad Wings Of Destiny
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trumbull, CT
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Dammit, I actually wrote down the setlist this time and you beat me to it. You missed Majesty of the Nightsky after Towards the Pantheon though.


And it was SO fucking worth it to see them again with Samoth. Their music is meant to have more than one guitar, and they sounded so much better with him there.
Ah, I knew I missed one. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2007, 05:30 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
I'm not that interested. Some bands say all they have to say and that's it. I don't think Emperor has anything more to say. Their members are disseminating their musical ideas through other projects, which is fine by me.
Good post.
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 06-02-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
emperor

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008