After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 05-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
The production is one of the best things about it I think.
No surprise there.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
I actually bought this album off iTunes. $7.92. I didn't really want to spend the $13.99-$14.99 I would normally pay... Definitely worth $7.92. Not worth $14.99It's an interesting album.. very doomy... I know exactly Bouville is blowing it so hard.

One critcisim: kill whoever mixed it. It feels like they cranked the bassed and eliminated the treble, the result being bass heavy buzz. I like a lot of bass but I like a lot of CLEAR bass....

Vocals are totally sadistic... in some ways, this album reminds me at times of My Dying Bridge... except with testicles.
I think is totally worth the $13.99 I paid and I would have even paid more. Your comment on the production is fair but it also fair to say that this was totally intentional in order to give the album a necro feeling, and I certainly would argue that the production is a great accomplishment in this record as it communicates the decaying feeling of anguish and chaos that the album intends to deliver.

You are right on regarding Attila. I find his vocals truly impressing and totally sadistic. I have to say that I was worried when two years ago it was announced that he was back in the band. I do like Maniac but I don't think he would have been able to do what Attila did in this record.

More than doomy I would say that the album is very atmospheric but unlike most avantgarde atmospheric bands (Ulver for example) this album is atmospheric in a very sick and twisted way, which is what finally makes it a black metal album.

Mayhem has succeeded!

And just for the record... My Dying Bride owns your soul bitch!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
The production is one of the best things about it I think.
Certain whinny ignorant arrogant drunk hooligan teenager who drives a pussifed car, only has one Therion album, does not think Mayhem owns, thinks that Spiritual Beggars is better than Carcass, is not a Carcass fan, is not a Mayhem fan, does not know Dead Can Dance, thinks that Grim Reaper sucks, cannot tolerate some cold, has never experienced The Pound, is 23 years late in getting Scream Bloody Gore and is incredible full of crap... finally scores