Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
woa, woa ,woa . . . easy does it !!

i am being serious when i say that i totally did not intend that post to be taken that way. All im saying is that most kids who dont find school interesting/challenging are to smart for it and just need something else to supplement the average class load. I was actually suggesting that you were intelligent enough to take harder classes.

maybe you should think before you type.
Okay, well...Thanks I guess. Sorry for exploding. I really do want harder classes. Nothing challenges me, except the constant workload. Honors teacher tend to be obsessed more with extra work than more in-depth work. That frustrates me.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
You know nothing about anyone here. You never will. .
i know that

Quote:
Your weak fucking mind doesnt appreciate your rights as an American, therefore think those true Americans (like Mike) are ignorant and stupid.
see, there you go again. What rights do i not appreciate? The right to carry a weapon and the right to invade weak countries? What makes a true American? A person who unquestioningly assumes that the american way is the only way and that there is no room for change? You tend to speak in very absract terms that have very little bearing on actual reality.

Quote:
Are you fuckings serious? You know NOTHING about politics/history/religion. No one on here has ever tried to justify all of America's actions around the world. Your straw-fucking-man accusations are disgusting.
actually i do. i urge you to read my last post concerning eastern europe. If you really need proof, I recieved a 5 on the AP European History exam and currently have an A in AP United States History. You may not agree with many of my opinions but do not refer to them as "straw-fucking-man accusations." My arguments are almost always backed up by historical fact while your posts often, as i stated perviously, lack very little reality and mostly concern ideological nonsense.

Quote:
You are the only whitetrash on metalsetlists.
that is a rather silly thing to say

1) I am not white.

2) As you said, there is no way to know everything about everybody on this board. Due to the crowd that metal music tends to attract i think we can safely assume that there is plenty of white trash on this board not including you, me, and div.

btw, admins please dont lock/clean up this thread, i am not offended by CoS's personal attacks because i dont give a fuck and a assume that he feels the same. Debates are interesting.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Okay, well...Thanks I guess. Sorry for exploding. I really do want harder classes. Nothing challenges me, except the constant workload. Honors teacher tend to be obsessed more with extra work than more in-depth work. That frustrates me.
i know. That is why AP classes are 100000x better. Im sorry that your school doesnt offer as many as mine. Maybe if the federal government stopped wasting huge amounts of money on a pointless war, they could be directed to better education.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 PM
In Search of Truth

Well time to lighten up the mood a bit I guess.

It frustrates the living shit out of me that the tickets for my band's gig on June 4th haven't showed up yet. Not that I'm looking forward to selling them, but we agreed to sell X number of tickets when we thought we'd have almost two full months to sell them... but now because of the venue's pathetically slow progress, we're already down to about 4 and a half weeks, and will likely not hit that quota.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
i know that

1.) see, there you go again. What rights do i not appreciate? The right to carry a weapon and the right to invade weak countries? What makes a true American? A person who unquestioningly assumes that the american way is the only way and that there is no room for change? You tend to speak in very absract terms that have very little bearing on actual reality.

2) actually i do. i urge you to read my last post concerning eastern europe. If you really need proof, I recieved a 5 on the AP European History exam and currently have an A in AP United States History. You may not agree with many of my opinions but do not refer to them as "straw-fucking-man accusations." My arguments are almost always backed up by historical fact while your posts often, as i stated perviously, lack very little reality and mostly concern ideological nonsense.
1) You are calling Mike an ignorant redneck for advocating the 2nd Amendment! I think the most patriotic American is someone who questions their government officials and their society.Mike is taking the very legislation that defines what America should be and promoting it. I know for a fact that he hates the current administration, and he questions them more than anyone I know. I speak "abstractly" because this is the internet, and i dont feel the need to type up a 50-line description about history, I'd rather just give my opinion and hope someone knows what I am talking about.

2) A straw-man accusation is when you make an argument against an ideal that the other person doesn't really hold. I am not sure what I have said that was void of any historical context. Pragmatism is pretty hard on the internet, dude.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
i know. That is why AP classes are 100000x better. Im sorry that your school doesnt offer as many as mine. Maybe if the federal government stopped wasting huge amounts of money on a pointless war, they could be directed to better education.
I think one major problems is that not enough kids give a shit about expanding their educations.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
I think one major problems is that not enough kids give a shit about expanding their educations.
i think more would if they were given a chance to pursue their personal interests earlier on, such as offering more specialized college-style courses in highschool instead of forcing everyone to grind through cookie-cutter graduation requirements that have little purpose in their later lives.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

BUT WE CAN'T LEAVE ANY CHILD BEHIND.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
i think more would if they were given a chance to pursue their personal interests earlier on, such as offering more specialized college-style courses in highschool instead of forcing everyone to grind through cookie-cutter graduation requirements that have little purpose in their later lives.
I think for kids like you and I, career-based courses need to be offered, but we also cant 'leave behind' those "passage" kids that arent quick learners. What a tangled web we weave.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I believe that colleges put alot of those unrealted courses in there to "weed people out" so that only to most dedicated make it to graduation.
Closed Thread