Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
J-Priest Fa Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
No, guns in the hands of criminals cause harm. WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!
i do understand that. and its true. but was whatever his name is from VA tech a criminal? he did have a mental instability record (another point is the insane accessibility of guns allowing them to fall into the wrong hands), but not criminal, proving that more than just criminals use guns badly. and what about kids who play with their parents guns and have accidents. it may be rare, but it has happened in my community, so i know its there.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Dude, my car insurance would go through the roof
Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
i am not saying that. I believe that we as members of a democracy have the ability to force our governement to act the way we wish it to. It is not the government that i condemn, it is the morons who voted for the politicians who made the war. It is their fault, not the fault of our government.

i do not fear my goverment because i know that it is a democracy and can be molded to the people's best interests. I know that the United States government will not start a program of ethnic extermination or anything crazy like that. f your excuse for owning a gun is that you want to defend yourself when an American tank rolls into your living room then good luck being taken seriously.
I dont know if you are aware of this, but if a government is going to be corrupt, they ARENT GOING TO ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE BY THOSE THAT ELECT THEM!! Your argument here just furthers my cause, because the only to overthrow a corrupt government is with force.

You are backwards.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil001 View Post
i do understand that. and its true. but was whatever his name is from VA tech a criminal? he did have a mental instability record (another point is the insane accessibility of guns allowing them to fall into the wrong hands), but not criminal, proving that more than just criminals use guns badly. and what about kids who play with their parents guns and have accidents. it may be rare, but it has happened in my community, so i know its there.
But there are nearly 300 million Americans! Why should 99% of us be punished for the actions of the few? Collective punishment frustrates me.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
J-Priest Fa Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Yeah, because we never have before.
definitely a good point, but i dont believe everyone having guns is the answer.

a funny video touching on the subect:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NPBHtjZmSpw
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I don't see how tightening restrictions on the ability of mentally unstable people to get guns is "punishing the majority."
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Look at england. first they banned guns, that should solve the problems right? then they ban knives. then they put cameras on every street corner. then they equip those cameras with megaphones so the ppl watching can instruct you. then they put scanners in airports that take naked pictures of you. then they tell you its illegal to defend ure house from intruders. the list goes on and on. point is, once u give up ure personal liberty to the government they will keep taking it, and once u give up ure guns u have no way of preventing it.
and guess what? Peope allowed it to because they elected the politicians that initiated that legislation. If British citizens werent comfortable with all these measures then they would have opposed them by electing officials who are against these measures. So what if they take naked pictures of you? Are you embarressed by your small dick? I would much rather know that i am being photographed for security reasons than know that there is the possibility that the majority of strangers in my train have consealed weapons.

and please, one again, you cannot possibly believe that owning a gun is going to be any pretection against a government that is armed with tanks and jet planes. Guns will get you nowhere, nonviolent protest through the democratic process on the other hand is a far more effiecient way to ensure that the things your fear dont happen.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil001 View Post
definitely a good point, but i dont believe everyone having guns is the answer.

a funny video touching on the subect:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NPBHtjZmSpw
Not everyone. Even in the states with the least restricting gun laws, there are still measures that attempt to prevent the purchasing of guns by criminals, lunatics, etc. Taking guns away from law-abiding, sane citizens is terrible.
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
i am not saying that. I believe that we as members of a democracy have the ability to force our governement to act the way we wish it to. It is not the government that i condemn, it is the morons who voted for the politicians who made the war. It is their fault, not the fault of our government.

i do not fear my goverment because i know that it is a democracy and can be molded to the people's best interests. I know that the United States government will not start a program of ethnic extermination or anything crazy like that. f your excuse for owning a gun is that you want to defend yourself when an American tank rolls into your living room then good luck being taken seriously.

actually it is the fault of the government on some level. congress had no legal right to give bush free reign in iraq. congress is supposed to agree upon a declaration of war but they never did, they just gave all the power over to the president, and even though we have a democrat-run congress now they still continue to support the president on this.
J-Priest Fa Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
But there are nearly 300 million Americans! Why should 99% of us be punished for the actions of the few? Collective punishment frustrates me.
it certainly is more than the few. 16,000 gun deaths a year or w/e md888 posted is a fucking epidemic to me. but besides that, i never said and dont believe that gun possession should be illegal. i just think it should be harder to get guns (especially if you happen to be crazy) and more expensive