Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

IRON MAIDEN - Petition Running To Have Steve Harris Knighted

Source: Brave Words

IRON MAIDEN site MaidenFans.com report that The Independant has issued the following:

Fans of the greasy 1980s heavy metal band Iron Maiden have petitioned the Downing Street website. They're demanding the group's heavily tattooed bass guitarist Steve Harris be recognised in the next list of honours.

"Iron Maiden are often the band that encourage youngsters into rock music; one of the pleasures of a Maiden gig is the healthy mix of young and old," it reads. "Steve Harris, as a very fit, relatively moderate drinker, is a great role model for the younger fans that his band continuously attracts."

At the very least, Harris's followers are demanding he is made an MBE.

How well the long-haired songwriter who penned such tunes as 'Flash The Blade' and 'Die With Your Boots On' would go down at the Palace remains to be seen.

MaidenFans comments, "If you think "Harry" deserves to be recognised then click this link. Other musical "legends" who have been honoured for services to music in the past include: Beverley Knight, Midge Ure, Brian May, Clive Daniel Gillinson, John Rowland Tomlinson and Mervyn Guy Fletcher. Who are they? Well other than Brian May I've no idea so maybe its time for a true legend to be honoured."

"Greasy 1980s heavy metal band"
Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Blunts.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

So what advantages does one get from being "knighted"? I know Obi Wan (the old one) was knighted also.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
So what advantages does one get from being "knighted"? I know Obi Wan (the old one) was knighted also.
There has been a proposed constitional amendment that would, in the event of an American recieving titles of nobility/knighthood/honorary citizenship, repeal citizenship status of the person being honored. Its been out there for more than 200 years...they never voted for it, or shot it down...

EDIT: I just put my name in, and since you have to be a citizen of the UK, I put my address at 22 Acacia Avenue in Gibraltar

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 04-26-2007 at 05:41 PM.