Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014

Old 04-22-2007, 07:55 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
Being the forum's resident "straight edge", lemme throw in my 2 cents.

I myself have never drank, never smoked, never done any drugs in my life, and I honestly have no desire to ever take part in said events. I feel no need to, I see no fun in doing it, I can have a perfectly good time being completely sober. And yes, I often shake my head at friends that do it and say "Bad kids." and whatnot, BUT I do not take part in the whole "sXe" thing. That's just stupid. Likfe Div said, the only time I've ever had X's on my hands at a concert was because they were at bars and it was to show I wasn't 21. People and bands that preach about how you shouldn't do it are just a bit .... out there.

But in the same respect, I can't stand people who go around glorifying alcohol and drug use. I tried avoiding that"Happy 420" thread because I knew it would just be "Duuuuude, hell yeaaah, weeeed lololol" which jus pisses me off. I can't stand people who sit there and turn these "activities" into lifestlyes and promote it like that. If you do it, fine, go ahead, but I really don't need to hear about how high you got and what fucked up things you did.

That being said, I'm currently listening to Alice Cooper.
L@rd$
Old 04-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
L@rd$
Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

I smoke crack but only as a political act.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I think its fine if anyone doesn't wanna do crap like that, but its kind of annoying to make a label of yourself because of it.
Exactly.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post

"No society has an original taboo on drugs, except those substances which have proven to be so immediately addictive that they cause visible social degeneration (opiates). Our modern society, realizing that drugs offend our absolutist worldview by providing alternate ways to interpret our perceptual data, has lumped them together and banned them all.

Hallucinogens are the most offensive because they show us that the world exists as data, and our perception of it can be altered, revealing how un-absolute our vision of reality is. This upsets both the control mechanisms of industrial society, and the religious sensibilities of supernaturalists like Christians and Jews. Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam have not experienced these problems.

In the West, fear of drugs and the enforcement of their banning has produced the most repressive regime ever, in which a single phone call suggesting drugs exist at a location produces an immediate raid by machine-gun toting special intrusion units."
Old 04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
The Cheese

From what I understand in Ohio there are cases of "Straight Edgers" violently assaulting people that aren't Straight Edge at shows. I know a DJ that was actually confronted by them before. Some people in a larger band around here also warned me to watch out for them.

To me it’s nothing more then bumper sticker politics.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
From what I understand in Ohio there are cases of "Straight Edgers" violently assaulting people that aren't Straight Edge at shows. I know a DJ that was actually confronted by them before. Some people in a larger band around here also warned me to watch out for them.

To me itís nothing more then bumper sticker politics.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
From what I know from talking to straight edge people, the ones who are serious about it make a huge committment to the lifestyle. If I were you, I wouldn't just go around "x-ing up" at shows, because you're probably gonna get called out as a poseur.

I don't have any problem with it, but a lot of straight-edgers are pretty sanctimonious and annoying about it. Not all, but a lot.
See, that's sort of what I was afraid of. I don't want to invade on something that they take super-seriously unless I'm totally sure on it. I mean, I can follow straight-edge without being "an edger".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
Being the forum's resident "straight edge", lemme throw in my 2 cents.

I myself have never drank, never smoked, never done any drugs in my life, and I honestly have no desire to ever take part in said events. I feel no need to, I see no fun in doing it, I can have a perfectly good time being completely sober. And yes, I often shake my head at friends that do it and say "Bad kids." and whatnot, BUT I do not take part in the whole "sXe" thing. That's just stupid. Likfe Div said, the only time I've ever had X's on my hands at a concert was because they were at bars and it was to show I wasn't 21. People and bands that preach about how you shouldn't do it are just a bit .... out there.

But in the same respect, I can't stand people who go around glorifying alcohol and drug use. I tried avoiding that"Happy 420" thread because I knew it would just be "Duuuuude, hell yeaaah, weeeed lololol" which jus pisses me off. I can't stand people who sit there and turn these "activities" into lifestlyes and promote it like that. If you do it, fine, go ahead, but I really don't need to hear about how high you got and what fucked up things you did.

That being said, I'm currently listening to Alice Cooper.
Truth
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Well, I'm not against drug or alcohol use, nor advocating straight edge. I just think it's kind of cool that I can be proud to say that I'm not into that shit and not feel like an out-of-the-loop loser.
I pride myself in being one of the few people at metals that is is sober and dry..I can enjoy the music more and I am sure I dont feel as shitty the morning after .

Oh, and because I am a goody-goody that never drinks or smokes, and have never broken a serious law in my entire life
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post

Oh, and because I am a goody-goody that never drinks or smokes, and have never broken a serious law in my entire life

You're missing an ending to that sentence.