N00B

This thread is now about Manowar

Old 04-23-2007, 08:47 PM
N00B

Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
That is a good point and I am sure that it was an interesting adventure. How long were you there? Do other professions (bankers, etc) take the same kind of mid-morning beer breaks?
I lived in Madrid in 1995 for six months (I was ta'ing in a Preshitory class), went back in 2005 twice, for a month and for two weeks because of my job at the Museum in Perú.

Bankers or other "wearing a suit" workers for example have lunch as their beer time and depending on the season, it can be brandy or scotch. Even professors at universities (I can talk from my experience in the Alcalá de Henares University), for example there are beer expending machines in the hallways on campus. Construction workers take mid-morning beer breaks.

In 1998 we were on a dig in a freaking arid land, it was like 11 am and the field supervisor told one of the workers to get beer for everybody. We were excavating a 600 AD cemetery and it was just funny as hell that each of us had a bottle of beer next to our burials. And it felt ok as we discovered that the burials were being "feed" by inserting small tubes into the burial where -we assumed- family members would pour corn beer into the graves. Actually we found sediments in some bowls and composition analysis revealed that it was corn beer! So it felt ok to drink while digging.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Complete tool

It's fine if you don't want to drink or smoke but in most of my experiences most straight edge kids have been nothing more than self-righteous elitist assholes that try to shove they're views and opinions down your throat. I don't drink and I don't smoke but I don't go around telling everybody else that they have to do the same.