Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

  #11  
Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Well, I like Ozzy well enough. And DTH don't suck.


But same principle for Amon Amarth, who shit all over everyone at Ozzfest.
Comparing SOTU to Ozzfest is kinda like comparing a piece of gold covered in shit, and a piece of shit sprinkled with tiny diamonds.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2007, 03:56 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Well, I like Ozzy well enough. And DTH don't suck.


But same principle for Amon Amarth, who shit all over everyone at Ozzfest.
What Daath have you heard? If you've only heard "Subterfuge", you are being misled. I thought that song was cool too, then I heard the rest of the album......

Amon Amarth definitely don't shit all over the destructive combo of Nile/Behemoth, and throw 3 Inches Of Blood in the mix and you've got a way better deal than playing to see Amon Amarth play with the worst of the worst Except for GWAR of course, but at least on Ozzfest you get to see their ugly clones in Lordi, albeit playing much shittier music
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
What Daath have you heard? If you've only heard "Subterfuge", you are being misled. I thought that song was cool too, then I heard the rest of the album......

Amon Amarth definitely don't shit all over the destructive combo of Nile/Behemoth, and throw 3 Inches Of Blood in the mix and you've got a way better deal than playing to see Amon Amarth play with the worst of the worst Except for GWAR of course, but at least on Ozzfest you get to see their ugly clones in Lordi, albeit playing much shittier music
Yeah, I heard Subterfuge


Oh yeah...3IOB And Lordi, meh, fun to look at, right? Ozzfest should be a rockin' good time. SOTU should be a...well, a place to buy an Amon Amarth t-shirt and beat up poseurs.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2007, 04:11 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
well, a place to buy an Amon Amarth t-shirt and beat up poseurs.
It should be a blast
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
If you want to see Amon Amarth just catch them on a solo tour, you will regret going to this show.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-11-2007, 04:48 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
If you want to see Amon Amarth just catch them on a solo tour, you will regret going to this show.
Yeah, this sounds like a bad idea almost any way I slice it. Yet I feel compelled to go anyway...
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yeah, this sounds like a bad idea almost any way I slice it. Yet I feel compelled to go anyway...
You mean a bad idea no matter how Addi and Mike slice it. When was the last time (or the next time) Amon amarth will be in Columbus?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
You mean a bad idea no matter how Addi and Mike slice it. When was the last time (or the next time) Amon amarth will be in Columbus?
The last time: the Children of Bodom tour. The next time, dunno.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,784
Blog Entries: 1
90% of metalsetlists will stay home because a) the line up sucks or b) they are not old enough to numb the suck factor with alcohol.

Pavo's official position on Sounds: "FUCK YOU. GOATWHORE IS PLAYING."

Pavo's official second position on Sounds: "Why the fuck did they change the regular venue, a parking lot at Shoreline outdoors in the sun? Indoors at San Jose State? WTF?"
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The last time: the Children of Bodom tour. The next time, dunno.
They didnt come to Columbus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008