Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 AM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
I agree on the tuning issue. I really don't see the point for the most part, especially when bands take old songs and change the tunings on them.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I agree on the tuning issue. I really don't see the point for the most part, especially when bands take old songs and change the tunings on them.
One of these days I need to but up a blog explaining why that shit is wrong.
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
One of these days I need to but up a blog explaining why that shit is wrong.
Yeah. Evergrey bothers me because I've not been too fond of their newer stuff because it's very down-tuned, but I loved their old stuff (first 3 albums) which were never tuned down (if so, no more than Drop D or maybe a whole step), but recently, they've been digging out old songs and playing them again... down-tuned.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Yeah. Evergrey bothers me because I've not been too fond of their newer stuff because it's very down-tuned, but I loved their old stuff (first 3 albums) which were never tuned down (if so, no more than Drop D or maybe a whole step), but recently, they've been digging out old songs and playing them again... down-tuned.
See, I don't mind if a band plays in a specific tuning, as long as they replicate that live. But if a band plays in a different tuning then they usually do on a new album, and then decide to downtune everything, its just...uggghghgh! Why is it people have to downtune everything when they change keys with a new album!? It's not like it requires different fingering right? Isn't shit like this the reason guitar techs are used on tour? Dammit, shit like this is gonna make me wanna kick Glenn Tipton in the balls if I finally meet him (amongst other guitar players).
__________________
I listened to three Babymetal tracks...sounds like Chun Li getting butt-fucked by Andrew W.K. That's not something I ever wanted to hear.
-El Gordo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heaven and hell

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008