ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-25-2007, 04:40 PM
--------------------------

Red Sparowes -- Los Angeles, CA -- March 24th, 2007

Last night I had the privileage of finally watching the Red Sparowes live (I had wanted to see them 2 previous time since their release of Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Sun but I wasnt able to).

I got to the Troubador just in time to see the band Big Business. I had no idea what they were about but I was thoroughly impressed as soon as the first song started. They started out their set as a two piece, just the bassist and the drummer, and it was awesome to hear how loud they could get with just 2 instruments. The bassist is really good and he sings with a nice growl but the star of this band is the drummer. He is IN-FUCKING-SANE!!! He's got a small kit but he plays it with so much energy, vigor and creativity that I have to already mark him as one of the best drummers I have ever seen live. This was one of the best individual performance I have ever seen. Eventually they added a guitarist for the last few songs and I think that killed the vibe of the band just a tad because with the extra sound both the bass and the drums got buried in the mix.

Red Sparowes eventually got up the stage and like ADD said in his review, they had a projector in the background that would show images of China, the US, Germany, a bombed Paris (?), etc. For the majority of the show I would just stare transfixed at these images listening to the performance and I was just captivated by it all. This really was one of the best shows I have ever seen! The highlight of the show for me was "Alone and Unaware...", I was completely excited when they started playing the beginning melodies of this awesome epic.

I am not entirely sure of the exact setlist order but these are the songs they played (#1, 2, 6 and #7 are in the correct order):

1.Buildings Began To Stretch Wide Across The Sky, And The Air Filled With A Reddish Glow
2.A Message Of Avarice Rained Down And Carried Us Away Into False Dreams Of Endless Riches.
3.We Stood Transfixed In Blank Devotion As Our Leader Spoke To Us, Looking Down On Our Mute Faces With A Great, Raging, And Unseeing Eye.
4.The Great Leap Forward Poured Down Upon Us One Day Like A Mighty Storm, Suddenly And Furiously Blinding Our Senses.
5.Like The Howling Glory Of The Darkest Winds, This Voice Was Thunderous And The Words Holy, Tangling Their Way Around Our Hearts And Clutching Our Innocent Awe.
6.Alone and Unaware, the Landscape was transformed in Front of Our Eyes
7.The Sixth Extinction Crept Up Slowly, Like The Sunlight Through The Shutters, As We Looked Back In Regret
Old 03-25-2007, 04:44 PM
N00B

Looking back now that setlist looks about right, good work I wish we had gotten Big Business instead of William Elliot Whitmore, how did you like Saviours?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:49 PM
--------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Looking back now that setlist looks about right, good work I wish we had gotten Big Business instead of William Elliot Whitmore, how did you like Saviours?
I didnt see Saviours.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:54 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCharmer View Post
I didnt see Saviours.

Tags
red sparowes