Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
To me, metal is Black Sabbath, because without them, there wouldn't be a metal.
They created it for sure, but when I think "metal", Sabbath isnt the very first thing that pops into my brain. But they single-handedly did it, in fact, the first NOTE of "Black Sabbath" and that was it really
Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
They created it for sure, but when I think "metal", Sabbath isnt the very first thing that pops into my brain. But they single-handedly did it, in fact, the first NOTE of "Black Sabbath" and that was it really
Dedicating your life to metal seems a little silly. I mean, do Exodus just sit around listening to pure thrash 24/7? I love metal, but it ain't the only thing I love.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Judas Priest: THE metal band. Black Sabbath might have gotten the ball rolling, but they didn't neccesarily know what they were doing. Priest figured shit out a lot quicker. With help from Sabbath (and Zeppelin, and Purple) of course.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Judas Priest: THE metal band. Black Sabbath might have gotten the ball rolling, but they didn't neccesarily know what they were doing. Priest figured shit out a lot quicker. With help from Sabbath (and Zeppelin, and Purple) of course.
Priest released Turbo, and have essentially made a mockery of themselves since Painkiller, to varying degrees of success. End of story.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Dedicating your life to metal seems a little silly. I mean, do Exodus just sit around listening to pure thrash 24/7? I love metal, but it ain't the only thing I love.
Not a whole lot of people dedicate there entire lives to one thing, that's not really the ideal way of living. But some do, not saying exodus do, but through their music and attitude and everything I feel they best embody the "metal spirit" of whatever of any other band I can imagine. I'm talking through the course of a career mind you, they set the standard with Bonded By Blood and have continued it through Shovel Headed Kill Machine. I just think they're a fantastic example of the metal idealism embodied in one band. Plus not everyone has to subscribe themselves to that culture if they don't want, just sayin.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Priest released Turbo, and have essentially made a mockery of themselves since Painkiller, to varying degrees of success. End of story.
and Exodus didn't?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:18 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Not a whole lot of people dedicate there entire lives to one thing, that's not really the ideal way of living. But some do, not saying exodus do, but through their music and attitude and everything I feel they best embody the "metal spirit" of whatever of any other band I can imagine. I'm talking through the course of a career mind you, they set the standard with Bonded By Blood and have continued it through Shovel Headed Kill Machine. I just think they're a fantastic example of the metal idealism embodied in one band. Plus not everyone has to subscribe themselves to that culture if they don't want, just sayin.
Yeah. From what I've heard they're a cool enough band. But in my opinion, singing about metal is about a thousand times cheesier than singing about rainbows.

Singing about rock n' roll however,
Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
and Exodus didn't?
Not in the least. In fact they're probably one of the few bands who are heavier now and just as brutally tr00 now as they were in their past.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Yeah. From what I've heard they're a cool enough band. But in my opinion, singing about metal is about a thousand times cheesier than singing about rainbows.

Singing about rock n' roll however,
Metal is a way of life for me, I enjoy songs like that when the music and attitude matches it, which in the case of Manowar it doesn't because the music is basically fluff in comparison. A nice deviation are songs like "Hail and Kill" and "Kill With Power", which absolutely fucking destroy.

And singing about rock n' roll, how is that less cheesy in your eyes? Because you ascribe to it therefore its not cheesy?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Not in the least. In fact they're probably one of the few bands who are heavier now and just as brutally tr00 now as they were in their past.
What about Force Of Habit or Impact Is Imminent?