Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #51  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 AM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post


Where are all these Dio haters coming from? What the hell did he ever do to you?
"In the palace of the virgin lies the chalice of the soul and it's likely you might find the answer there."

Whatever merits you think Dio may have, that shit is just unforgiveable.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
  #52  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Angelripper's Avatar
Angelripper Angelripper is offline
Hearts I Rip?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HK
Posts: 818
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post


Where are all these Dio haters coming from? What the hell did he ever do to you?


Uncle Dio is watching you.
  #53  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:36 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
"In the palace of the virgin lies the chalice of the soul and it's likely you might find the answer there."

Whatever merits you think Dio may have, that shit is just unforgiveable.
May you're sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime, bitch.

Besides, I'm no Dio expert, but I have the basics, and I've never heard no decent Dio classic with that line in it.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
  #54  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
May you're sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime, bitch.

Besides, I'm no Dio expert, but I have the basics, and I've never heard no decent Dio classic with that line in it.
It's from " Invisible."
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
  #55  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Angelripper's Avatar
Angelripper Angelripper is offline
Hearts I Rip?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HK
Posts: 818
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
"In the palace of the virgin lies the chalice of the soul and it's likely you might find the answer there."

Whatever merits you think Dio may have, that shit is just unforgiveable.
"I cry for magic - I feel it dancing in the light"

That's alright (Rainbow in the Dark). But then in Evil Eye...

"The way I caught the rainbow, I'll be there where fire makes you dance"

This man should host Queer Eye. Rainbows? You sing about Rainbows???? I mean, go out of your way to sing about something better, like falling angels and whatnot.

"Fallen Angels, Going down"

Dio was paying attention they taught Gravity in Elf School.

oh wait, Dio was in a band called Elf. The irony is so thick you could spread it on a sandwich.

I'm a wheel, I'm a wheel
I can roll, I can feel
And you can't stop me turning

Cause I'm the sun, I'm the sun
I can move, I can run
But you'll never stop me burning


The man is a genius. Not only does he sing about falling and stuff, he knows that wheels can turn. And that's not all... "turning" rhymes with "burning". Poetic wisdom from the man who has the absolute audacity to name himself after the Holy Father of Christ himself.

The man is a grade A cretin. I don't care if he invented the devil horns, I don't care if he sang with Sabbath, I don't care if he paints his nails in multicolor to represent the rainbows he loves so much, he is an absolute bender who should have retired a loooooong time ago. Instead, he's bombing us with "Master of the Moon". Seriously, even ManOwaR have more intelligent lyrical themes.

Rainbows... absolutely ridiculous.
  #56  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Angelripper's Avatar
Angelripper Angelripper is offline
Hearts I Rip?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HK
Posts: 818
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
May you're sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime, bitch.

Besides, I'm no Dio expert, but I have the basics, and I've never heard no decent Dio classic with that line in it.
Well, at least they sing about women.
  #57  
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
May you're sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime, bitch.

Besides, I'm no Dio expert, but I have the basics, and I've never heard no decent Dio classic with that line in it.
Being less cheesy than Manowar -- that's your defense of Dio?

Speaking of which, here's my new favorite Manowar performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmmTNX-jAeU

I need metal in my life, like an eagle needs to fly!

Meanwhile, the line I cited is from Dio's recognized masterpiece album, Holy Diver (which I have and enjoy, by the way -- I just think it's funny to make fun of the silly little guy and his silly little lyrics).
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
  #58  
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelripper View Post
"I cry for magic - I feel it dancing in the light"

That's alright (Rainbow in the Dark). But then in Evil Eye...

"The way I caught the rainbow, I'll be there where fire makes you dance"

This man should host Queer Eye. Rainbows? You sing about Rainbows???? I mean, go out of your way to sing about something better, like falling angels and whatnot.

"Fallen Angels, Going down"

Dio was paying attention they taught Gravity in Elf School.

oh wait, Dio was in a band called Elf. The irony is so thick you could spread it on a sandwich.

I'm a wheel, I'm a wheel
I can roll, I can feel
And you can't stop me turning

Cause I'm the sun, I'm the sun
I can move, I can run
But you'll never stop me burning


The man is a genius. Not only does he sing about falling and stuff, he knows that wheels can turn. And that's not all... "turning" rhymes with "burning". Poetic wisdom from the man who has the absolute audacity to name himself after the Holy Father of Christ himself.

The man is a grade A cretin. I don't care if he invented the devil horns, I don't care if he sang with Sabbath, I don't care if he paints his nails in multicolor to represent the rainbows he loves so much, he is an absolute bender who should have retired a loooooong time ago. Instead, he's bombing us with "Master of the Moon". Seriously, even ManOwaR have more intelligent lyrical themes.

Rainbows... absolutely ridiculous.
While I will say that I have no desire to purchase any Dio solo album after Dream Evil (maybe, maybe I might get Magica), I also say who gives a fuck about the lyrics as long as the music is good. Manowar's combination on inane lyrics and awesome melodies taught me that lesson.

Hey, wait a second. If you think Dio should have retired along time ago, what are you doing listening to "Master Of The Moon?" Or are you just one of those self-important fuckheads who gets angry when someone you don't like is still around?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"

Last edited by JRA; 03-15-2007 at 08:50 AM.
  #59  
Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Being less cheesy than Manowar -- that's your defense of Dio?

Speaking of which, here's my new favorite Manowar performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmmTNX-jAeU

I need metal in my life, like an eagle needs to fly!

Meanwhile, the line I cited is from Dio's recognized masterpiece album, Holy Diver (which I have and enjoy, by the way -- I just think it's funny to make fun of the silly little guy and his silly little lyrics).
It wasn't my defense, it was my way of telling you cheesy lyrics don't mean shit (and since you state that you still enjoy the album despite that one line, thank you for proving my point).
  #60  
Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 AM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
It wasn't my defense, it was my way of telling you cheesy lyrics don't mean shit (and since you state that you still enjoy the album despite that one line, thank you for proving my point).
But cheesy lyrics do mean shit. "Hail and Kill" is an atrocious song.

Holy Diver has some interesting lyrics -- definitely the best that Dio ever wrote (for the title song especially, although reading his dippy explanations for them now almost ruins it). Actually, "Invisible" is a pretty good song with pretty good lyrics -- if only he hadn't tacked on that powerfully, powerfully stupid intro, which a sane person can't hear without cringing, laughing, or both.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008