Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014

Old 11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Mastodon, its funny cuz you just said Bullet and God Forbid are better than Trivium. Please do me a favour, take Earthsblood, and Scream Aim Fire, and compare them to Shogun. Lyrically, musically, and in terms of experimentation, (the song shogun, the fact that Trivium are actually being picky about where they scream in their songs now) Shogun wins hands down. Bullet have the SAME solo and harmonies in EVERY song, and God Forbid are just gone off the cliff entirely.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
N00B

Thank you Dextrimental. Finally someone who agrees with me. How can this guy think Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth are better than Trivium?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
how young

word, bullet are whiny in alot of their songs and every unearth album sounds the same now. no trivium albums sound alike since they've been on roadrunner
Old 11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
how young

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
First of all fuck you, i'm 19. And I know my shit when it comes to metal. Youre comparing Trivium's guitar playing to Judas Priest and Megadeth who are much older and have a completely different type of music. Trivium is not fucking metal core like as i lay dying or bullet for my valentine or shit like that. They are far from metal core. If you consider them metal core, which they're not, then compare them to other way less talented metal core bands like mentioned previously, they are by far and away better than them. I don't think Trivium has been catching shit lately. Where did you here that? All i've heard is praise for their new album, which is flawless in my opinion.
word bro, trivium are one of the few metal bands that haven't completely sold out to try to be scene and put a bunch of stupid breakdowns like bullet or unearth. they play the music they like to play and dont change for anyone. any band like that nowadays deserves mad props
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Well I aint got nothin against Unearth, I think they're quite good, but with regards God Forbid and Bullet Trivium win
Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Bullet is kind of whiny I will give you that I am not a huge fan of theirs anyway. On to Trivium, Trivium's vocals are some of the worst i have ever heard. Heafy's scream sounds like he is really constapated. When it comes to God Forbid they blow Trivium out of the water. Earthsblood is absolutely fantastic personally songs like Walk Alone and Bat The Angels are much better than shitfest tracks like Into The Mouth Of Hell Me March and Kirsute Gomen.

Maybe its just be but i think Trivium is really,really bad and i dont really see the appeal on Trivium. Trivium has some pretty good solos but besides that I think are an absouletely awful band. Clearly there are a lot of Trivium fans here on the board I don't want to start a beef with any of you I am just stating my opinion.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 11-03-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
N00B

Finally people agree with me on how good Trivium is. But Mastadon you are right. Earthsblood is very very good. I love that album. My favorites are Empire of the Gun and War of Attrition but I also love Walk Alone and Bat the Angels as well. While that is a great album, Shogun is still way better in my opinion, but it's just an opinion. At least you like God Forbid, but seriously Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth aren't anywhere near Trivium. And Heafy's vocals weren't that good on Ember to Inferno, but they have steadily got better through each album and I think he's a great screamer and singer.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
Finally people agree with me on how good Trivium is. But Mastadon you are right. Earthsblood is very very good. I love that album. My favorites are Empire of the Gun and War of Attrition but I also love Walk Alone and Bat the Angels as well. While that is a great album, Shogun is still way better in my opinion, but it's just an opinion. At least you like God Forbid, but seriously Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth aren't anywhere near Trivium. And Heafy's vocals weren't that good on Ember to Inferno, but they have steadily got better through each album and I think he's a great screamer and singer.

Who knows we might have silmilar tastes in bands we just have a huge disagreement on Trivium?
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
N00B

Ya dude. Who else do you like? This argument was awesome. We have to start up another one.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

I like pretty much every genre of metal and a very good amount of bands. So more than likely we will have quite a few bands that we both like.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed