Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,824
Blog Entries: 1
Ozzfest Annoucement February 6th 11AM PST

Source: Ozzfest.com

Posted today...

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will make a "surprise groundbreaking, historic announcement about this summer's Ozzfest" at CIC 2007 (Concert Industry Consortium) on Tuesday, February 6 at 11:00 a.m. PT at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel (The Westside Room), located at 2025 Avenue Of The Stars in Century City, California. Media arrivals begin at 10:15 a.m. The event is also open to registrants of CIC.
Note: This private event is ***NOT*** open to the public.



Blabbermouth has some additional information:

Everyone knows the Alice In Chains rumors... but additional rumors now include BLS (Yeah, I know.. BBBIIIGGG surprise there), Killswitch Engage (this band should quit now), and Hellyeah (Vinnie Paul's new band).

I wouldn't be surprised if both Otep and Godsmack show up somewhere on the bill too. (That's just my guess.. nothing subtanial back it.. just a guess).
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2007, 06:21 PM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,824
Blog Entries: 1
Some guy named plague angel posted his lineup proposal as a comment to BM's story...

Ozzfest 2007 lineup:

Main Stage:

Headliner: One last live gig by DARKTHRONE
Emperor
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Mayhem
Nokturnal Mortum

Second Stage:

Marduk
Kult ov Azazel
Rotting Christ
Twilight
Satyricon
Dark Funeral
bunch of other black/death bands
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2007, 11:55 PM
SnakeCharmer's Avatar
SnakeCharmer SnakeCharmer is offline
--------------------------
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Along the Highway
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Source: Ozzfest.com

Posted today...

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will make a "surprise groundbreaking, historic announcement about this summer's Ozzfest" at CIC 2007 (Concert Industry Consortium) on Tuesday, February 6 at 11:00 a.m. PT at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel (The Westside Room), located at 2025 Avenue Of The Stars in Century City, California. Media arrivals begin at 10:15 a.m. The event is also open to registrants of CIC.
Note: This private event is ***NOT*** open to the public.


I don't know why I find this so funny.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Fe Maiden's Avatar
Fe Maiden Fe Maiden is offline
Catch The Rainbow
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Posts: 3,857
There is a rumor that O$$fe$t may be indoors this time around.
__________________
Symphony X 2-21-12
Iron Maiden 8-9-12
RUSH 11-17-12
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 AM
theclansman1114's Avatar
theclansman1114 theclansman1114 is offline
I'M BACK
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beer
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCharmer View Post


I don't know why I find this so funny.
Because $haron is a big fucking joke. As is O$$FE$T.
__________________
Hey, you scratched my anchor!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-02-2007, 10:22 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
There is a rumor that O$$fe$t may be indoors this time around.
I wish Iron Maiden had an "s" so I could change it to a "$".

Did somebody say re-release all the singles from $eventh $on of a $eventh $on? Oh wait. They already did.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I totally do not think that Iron Maiden are sellouts, and I really do not let the fact that they keep re-releasing singles bug me.
Fixed.

In all seriousness, you gotta admit ECW, we might not be able to pull Bill O' Reily's on each other, but we sure as shit can pull a Micheal Moore.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Fixed.

In all seriousness, you gotta admit ECW, we might not be able to pull Bill O' Reily's on each other, but we sure as shit can pull a Micheal Moore.


Well, honestly, the singles thing doesn't bother me, I just find it ironic when some people choose to overlook the fact that their favorite band is as much of a sellout as Ozzy, Ozzfest, or Sharon. I think it's pretty clear that Sharon and Rod's idea of management are basically about the same thing. Make money. Make it through merchandise, re-releases, and whatever else. And one can't forget that Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest pro-bono
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post


Well, honestly, the singles thing doesn't bother me, I just find it ironic when some people choose to overlook the fact that their favorite band is as much of a sellout as Ozzy, Ozzfest, or Sharon. I think it's pretty clear that Sharon and Rod's idea of management are basically about the same thing. Make money. Make it through merchandise, re-releases, and whatever else. And one can't forget that Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest pro-bono

I'm glad you liked the joke, I've been wanting to pitch that for a month.

Pro-bono?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
I'm glad you liked the joke, I've been wanting to pitch that for a month.

Pro-bono?
Yeah, I liked it.

Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest for free
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008