Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Battlestar ANTRHAX...Updates from Charlie And Joey On The Split

Source: Official Anthrax Site, Blabbermouth, Rock My Monkey

ONE
Check out Anthrax's site... they've skinned it a bit to look like Battlestar Galactica. Kind of cool... they're doing so nice things with their site.

TWO
Blabbermouth published comments from Charlie Benante, Anthrax's drummer, posted in their fan club regarding current happening:

"I tried so hard to make things work and put in hours and hours or phone calls or as I'd like to call it 'therapy.' Certain people have 'issues,' had 'em in the '80s/'90s and still have them to this day. I think it's true that some people are best at what they do worst...

"I just want OUR FANS to know that I live and breathe this band called ANTHRAX but certain others could give a shit about you. Don't let em tell you different, this is the TRUTH. I don't want to hear or read, 'Well, he said this or he said that...' I know the truth as to how it all went down.

"Hang in there with us. The core of this band will blow it up once again and you won't remember what happened before this.

"My goal is to make the best music we can make, but we want to do it with people that WANT TO DO IT!

"...No time for losers, 'cause... you know the rest."

THREE

I came across this interview with Joey on Rock My Monkey via GoogleNews:

Rock My Monkey: Was there any choice by you, was there any decision by you, or even an offer made to you to record that new album?

Joey Belladonna: I’m sure there’s possibilities for me to do a lot of things. It’s just-there’s always a lot of circumstance that they place when you’re doing it, When you do that stuff. I don’t think that you just make a record, you know? Unless you’re in a situation, you’ve been, you know, it’s a just an ongoing thing, you’ve been doing it for years. Like the old days, you just kind of go in and do one. It’s obviously a little different, because I wasn’t in a band for quite awhile. Likewise thing with same Danny, too. I’m not even the only one to be considered, but I don’t think it’s all about me.

Rock My Monkey: But you’re saying that you would be-would you be excited to record a new Anthrax album?

Joey Belladonna: Oh, absolutely. I would have loved to do one, yeah. I mean, but again, and all due respect, there’s a lot of circumstances that take place to do that kind of stuff. There’s a lot of things involved. Just think about it, you know. You have to have material, you have to have a reason. You have to have everything. You have to have a place to do it, the circumstance. All the basics have to be there. Again, it’s not for me to decide any of that stuff. So I don’t decide it. It’s not my band. And you have to know that I was not there. I wasn’t in that band. They asked me to come back and do a reunion. So that’s about all I know. It’s hard for me to really answer anything specific here.

It's sad reading "It's Not My Band." Anyone who saw Anthrax' reunion saw a changed Anthrax. RIP, Anthrax but best of luck to them.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Joey just rambles on and on but doesn't tell us any actual dirt.

I find it very hard to believe that these guys all signed a contract saying they can't talk shit about each other.