Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 06-06-2008, 12:03 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I think the internet convinced you of this without presenting you with facts.

If obama repeals Real ID I will personally get in my car, drive out to the middle of nowhere, and buy you all the mikes hard lemonade you can drink.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
he supports socialized healthcare
*GASP* Dear me! Why would we ever want that!?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
If obama repeals Real ID I will personally get in my car, drive out to the middle of nowhere, and buy you all the mikes hard lemonade you can drink.
I'll take you up on that.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
*GASP* Dear me! Why would we ever want that!?
Come on man, the government cant even fill pot holes efficiently, let alone all the other shit with the economy and war and such, and you trust them with your health?
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Come on man, the government cant even fill pot holes efficiently, let alone all the other shit with the economy and war and such, and you trust them with your health?
Well, for millions of uninsured families (like mine), government medicine would be a pretty nice alternative to having to go to the strip mall Urgent Care centers sprinkled throughout the country and populated by doctors who probably earned their degrees in a van somewhere.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:14 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Well, for millions of uninsured families (like mine), government medicine would be a pretty nice alternative to having to go to the strip mall Urgent Care centers sprinkled throughout the country and populated by doctors who probably earned their degrees in a van somewhere.
Yeah, basically my thoughts. I'm lucky to have good insurance through my dad's work, but if they ever decide to drop us, because it's not in their best interest to pay for my health... well, suffice it to say I'd be in pretty dire straits.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 PM

Well the current system has its problems, but theres gotta be another way besides giving healthcare control over to the government. One of my friends dad lives in a country that uses socialized medecine and he had to wait for over a year to get an appointment.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Well you said it yourself, not all whites have oppressed all blacks. And because of that by using just a general term as "whites" and saying they are responsible for the misfortunes of "blacks", especially in todays age where no living blacks have been slaves, is just ignorant. When he says "whites" that points the finger at you, me, and our families, even those who immigrated here long after slavery was abolished and had nothing to do with it. Why should I be expected to feel guilty over slavery?

If he said "the rich elite, politicians, african tribal leaders, spanish slave traders, and pre 1865 plantation owners are responsible for slavery and mistreatment of blacks" then he would be correct. But that message doesn't really rally people up as much as saying "white man is the devil". And what does a message like that even do? It won't make two groups of people put aside their differences and relax, it just stirs up tension between them.
(Two years ago, I would have killed someone for saying what I am about to say right now, but I guess I have changed.)

It isnt the issue of slavery that people like Reverened Wright are upset about nowadays. Its the issue of racism, explicit and implicit. Yes, slavery was awful. But once slavery was over, the white man didnt just put the black man up on his just pedastal. In the South, the ex-confederates still hated blacks. Ex-slaves were forced into wage-slavery and sharecropping for their former owners. Those blacks that moved to the cities were not allowed fine housing (most whites were suburbanizing) thus you have de facto segregation where blacks and immigrants are given the shit jobs and the shit neighborhoods. Freedmen's Bureaus were unsuccessful in enforcing equality because the South was too hellbent on 'state's rights' to pay any attention to the 13th/14th/15th amendments.

Woodrow Wilson said of Birth of a Nation 'its all so terribly true' (or something similiar.) Southerns AND Northerners hated blacks for their own reasons. The government, largely backed by the people, oppressed blacks from the end of slavery till the 1960s, when the television broadcasting of blacks being beaten-to-death in the streets finally struck a chord with the general public.

I am white, and I am not ashamed. And there were some whites who definitely helped the black effort (John Brown, Eugene Debs, FDR,etc) but for the most part, the majority of white people didnt give two shits about the average black person.

And, although I used to buy it, the whole 'just pull yourself out of your situation' mentality that Bill Cosby has advocated is very impractical. 400 years of slavery and then 100 years of wage-slavery and segregation isnt going to correct itself in 40 years by just 'ignoring race' and forgetting there was ever a problem.

And to steal a thought from Immortal Technique, a few token 'house niggers' in the public eye, doing well for themselves, does not dismiss the disproportionate amount of blacks in prison and under the poverty line.

This country has serious issues. We claim to be the freedom fighters of the world, the beacon of liberty, yet we have fought minority/womens/gays rights ever fucking step of the way throughout our history. We have supported terrorism around the world, funded revolutions, and killed millions of innocent people. Yet someone is some how a traitor for bringing up the skeletons of this nations past.

And now we hear that many of Hillary's white male supporters might shift to McCain's camp because they wont support a black man. Are you kidding me?
[/rant]

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 06-06-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 AM

Lupin III vol. 4
Old 06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

The poem "Song" by Brigit Pegeen Kelly. Over and over.

Should be right up y'all's alley. It's about a severed goat's head hanging in a tree. Singing.

Song