Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Regretting my username

Just because some fuckhead got a hold of gun and killed some people, that doesnt mean the other 99% of law-abiding American citizens should be raped of their second amendment rights. Areas such as school should be a safe-hazen from violence and crime, but I dont want to have to be strip searched just to get an education.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Just because some fuckhead got a hold of gun and killed some people, that doesnt mean the other 99% of law-abiding American citizens should be raped of their second amendment rights. Areas such as school should be a safe-hazen from violence and crime, but I dont want to have to be strip searched just to get an education.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I don't hear anyone but a few crazies advocating the "raping" of anyone's 2nd Amendment rights. Though it does seem that they really need to tighten the way they screen for mental illnesses when selling a gun, because it's becoming clear that the VT guy had been documented several times as needing psychiatric help, and he was able to buy one anyways.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I don't hear anyone but a few crazies advocating the "raping" of anyone's 2nd Amendment rights. Though it does seem that they really need to tighten the way they screen for mental illnesses when selling a gun, because it's becoming clear that the VT guy had been documented several times as needing psychiatric help, and he was able to buy one anyways.
Those few crazies control our government.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Those few crazies control our government.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Banned Asshole

You don't read these types of discussions in the rest of the world. And guess what, this kind of things does not happen in the rest of the world. Why? because guns are heavily controlled, unlike here, where the logic is "in order to have peace, let's invade a third world country and exploit their natural resources" "in order to have peace let's have guns".

Next thing will be that some smart ass will propose the building of walls across entire neighborhoods. Yeah right, building walls solve problems.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
The point that I'm trying to make is that knee-jerk reactions to tragedies made in the name of increasing safety and security are bad ideas and don't make us any safer or more secure.
Amen to that. I wonder when the US will start looking at itself the way the whole planet sees it.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
Amen to that. I wonder when the US will start looking at itself the way the whole planet sees it.
Who really gives a fuck what the rest of the world thinks of US? Our founding fathers gave us the right to have guns, and I dont think that should be revoked because some liberals across the pond think it is primitive.

And I have to disagree, the rest of the is not free of crime. Remember that Russian school massacre?

And Iraq has nothing to do with gun-control. Also, the ideology of 300 million people shouldnt be generalized based on the actions and beliefs of this mediocre president.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:06 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
You don't read these types of discussions in the rest of the world. And guess what, this kind of things does not happen in the rest of the world. Why? because guns are heavily controlled, unlike here, where the logic is "in order to have peace, let's invade a third world country and exploit their natural resources" "in order to have peace let's have guns".

Next thing will be that some smart ass will propose the building of walls across entire neighborhoods. Yeah right, building walls solve problems.

Dude, the difference is Europeans are raised to flee if someone is robbing their house, to submit to the criminal and get a cop in a bad situation and if you fight back then YOU get prosecuted. (example: woman in england is beign raped, she stabs rapist with a nail file, she is forced to pay rapists mecial bills and is charged with assault) I'd rather be shot by some crazy and atleast go down fighting back than live in a crazy backwards country that gives sympathy to criminals, and if thats the way the rest of the world wants to live then fine by me, but we do things differently here and they shouldnt be so ethnocentric when it comes to america.

And not everyone here agrees to the foriegn policy of the bush administration, but if I remember correctly the UN voted for this war. But that's off-topic.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Dude, the difference is Europeans are raised to flee if someone is robbing their house, to submit to the criminal and get a cop in a bad situation and if you fight back then YOU get prosecuted. (example: woman in england is beign raped, she stabs rapist with a nail file, she is forced to pay rapists mecial bills and is charged with assault) I'd rather be shot by some crazy and atleast go down fighting back than live in a crazy backwards country that gives sympathy to criminals, and if thats the way the rest of the world wants to live then fine by me, but we do things differently here and they shouldnt be so ethnocentric when it comes to america.

And not everyone here agrees to the foriegn policy of the bush administration, but if I remember correctly the UN voted for this war. But that's off-topic.
I am so tired of the "the rest of the world is doing it, why arent we?" mentality. This is the United States of America, not the United States of Earth.