Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Old 01-29-2007, 12:05 PM
The Cheese

Megadeth.

Interesting story... my dad's former boss called a few nights ago. He'd just gotten off a three hour plane ride. Apparently he was sitting next to Kirk Hammet the whole time! He remembered that I was a metal fan, so Kirk signed a pick (yeah, apparently the dude just happened to have picks on his person) to give me. I can't say I'm a Metallica fan, but that's pretty cool
Old 01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Complete tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Ennhhh, no it doesn't.
Yes it does. That album is one of the most unique and interesting metal albums out there. Metallica have to stand out albums which are good but don't compare to KIMB only half of MOP is interesting at all, then AJFA is good but not great and the rest of the discography is just crap. I find Metallica to be very overrated and over played.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
See, if you're including Countdown to Extinction in that picture then you sacrifice all credibility. That album absolutely blows -- worse than Load, worse than St. Anger. The only thing worse than that album is... all the Megadeth albums that came after it.

I think you just sacrificed all credibility by saying something is worse then St. Anger! The only thing worse then St. Anger would maybe be me farting into a microphone while banging on a garbage can. Maybe you don't like the lyrics on Countdown, but I think some of them are okay, and as for the music, well it's pretty generic, but I'll take a sense of melody over dull pounding riffs any day
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I think you just sacrificed all credibility by saying something is worse then St. Anger! The only thing worse then St. Anger would maybe be me farting into a microphone while banging on a garbage can. Maybe you don't like the lyrics on Countdown, but I think some of them are okay, and as for the music, well it's pretty generic, but I'll take a sense of melody over dull pounding riffs any day

Interesting.

You said you haven't heard much Metallica, right?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
Yes it does. That album is one of the most unique and interesting metal albums out there. Metallica have to stand out albums which are good but don't compare to KIMB only half of MOP is interesting at all, then AJFA is good but not great and the rest of the discography is just crap. I find Metallica to be very overrated and over played.
I have to say I would much rather listen to Kill 'Em All or Ride The Lightning than "KIMB". I don't think its a bad album, but there are only 7 songs on it. The other two have 9 and 8, respectively.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I think a lot of the music on CTE is pretty ungeneric. Marty's soloing style is pretty unique (not so much for Dave's... but...) and a lot of the riffs are not very cliched at all, with the exception of a lot of the chorus riffs, but... a weird chorus is not quite as fun to scream along to alone in your room.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post

Interesting.

You said you haven't heard much Metallica, right?

Nah. The guys in the band are into Metallica, so I hear a lot of Metallica a lot of the time actually
Old 01-29-2007, 07:18 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I think a lot of the music on CTE is pretty ungeneric. Marty's soloing style is pretty unique (not so much for Dave's... but...) and a lot of the riffs are not very cliched at all, with the exception of a lot of the chorus riffs, but... a weird chorus is not quite as fun to scream along to alone in your room.
I don't really like most of Countdown actually, but I think the title track is pretty kickin'
Old 01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
N00B

Metallica vs. Megadeth threads haven't been going on since metal people entered the internet, just so you guys know.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Metallica vs. Megadeth threads haven't been going on since metal people entered the internet, just so you guys know.
O rly?