Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Can't wait for new Doctor Who again. Matt is stunning as the Doctor and this season is really delving into the darker side of the Doctor. Matt is also already signed on for a fourth season so he's outdone Tennant for length!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Can't wait for new Doctor Who again. Matt is stunning as the Doctor and this season is really delving into the darker side of the Doctor. Matt is also already signed on for a fourth season so he's outdone Tennant for length!
The new series was a return to mediocrity, nothing more. The previous season, perhaps two, were just crap. Too much retreading of previous storylines and going round in needless circles. This one at least wasn't boring.

Still remains nothing they've done with Doctor Who since Christopher Eccleston (a plotline of criminally unrealised potential) can touch the third season of Torchwood.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
The new series was a return to mediocrity, nothing more. The previous season, perhaps two, were just crap. This one at least wasn't boring.

Still remains nothing they've done with Doctor Who since Christopher Eccleston (a plotline of criminally unrealised potential) can touch the third season of Torchwood.
Wow I disagree. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was one of the best things Doctor Who has ever done, never-mind being an expertly crafted love letter to Douglas Adams. I really enjoyed the previous two seasons, but the overlying story-arch needs to be closed out this season I think.

Christopher Eccleston is my favorite Doctor though, but him only wanting to do one season really limited that story.

I've not started Torchwood yet, plannning to over the Christmas holidays!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Wow I disagree. Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was one of the best things Doctor Who has ever done, never-mind being an expertly crafted love letter to Douglas Adams. I really enjoyed the previous two seasons, but the overlying story-arch needs to be closed out this season I think.
Yeah, that episode was kinda fun I suppose.

Quote:
Christopher Eccleston is my favorite Doctor though, but him only wanting to do one season really limited that story.
Is that not the point of The Doctor? A storyline isn't limited to an actor. They could have easily finished it properly, but didn't bother. The last season with Tennant and the first with Smith were awful. They were like watching Lost. All time-low points were the last two Christmas specials though. Fuck me those were shit.

It's been improving with each season since, but still is nowhere near where it was when it all went wrong. This most recent season has at least given me hope it might come good again though. If this one had been as bad as the last three, I think I would have abandoned the series altogether, regardless of how big the new girl's tits are.

And would someone please tell them to stop writing story arcs which build up to some catastrophic end-of-all-things/death-of-the-Doctor ending, then fucking announce the next series before it's done? Amateurs.

Quote:
I've not started Torchwood yet, plannning to over the Christmas holidays!
First two seasons are pretty ordinary, third is godly, fourth tries to be the third and doesn't quite make it, but is still good.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Hm, caught up on Homeland, amazing fucking show. Best show on Television tied with Breaking Bad. It's just that good
Finally! Someone else talking about this show! It's probably my favorite show on TV right now.

I'm so disappointed that Karen Gillan is leaving the show. I liked her character, not to mention her ungodly attractiveness. I thought the fifth season was really hit or miss, but I thought the sixth was really strong, minus one or two episodes. The first four episodes of this current season have all been really entertaining. I haven't watched the fifth one yet, but I imagine another one with The Angels will be awesome.
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Finally! Someone else talking about this show! It's probably my favorite show on TV right now.

I'm so disappointed that Karen Gillan is leaving the show. I liked her character, not to mention her ungodly attractiveness.
Can't get away from people talking about Homeland here. I have it all recorded, but haven't started it yet; watching Spartacus at the moment (purely to pass the time between episodes of The Killing).

The new girl in Doctor Who is the one in the red dress from the first episode of the current season.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Can't get away from people talking about Homeland here. I have it all recorded, but haven't started it yet; watching Spartacus at the moment (purely to pass the time between episodes of The Killing).

The new girl in Doctor Who is the one in the red dress from the first episode of the current season.
I only know one person who has watched and it was at my urging.

So, she's playing the same character, right? Well, I mean , kinda the same character. Obviously she's not gonna be a Dalek.
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
"Stunning" is not quite the word I would use for Matt's potrayal of The Doctor. I use it for Christopher's and David's perfomances but certainly not Matt's. He does a good job but there's something missing in his performance that the other two had. I think there's a likability quality he's missing that the other two just oozed. I also don't think he has as good of a command of the role as the other two did. The one thing he has going for him is that this Doctor is more insane than the others. The Doctor always goes on long, confusing rambling's but the current Doctor seems to do it more and overall he's just more manic than ever before.

Quote:
So, she's playing the same character, right? Well, I mean , kinda the same character. Obviously she's not gonna be a Dalek.
I hope it's the same character. I remember when I was watching the episode she was in I kept thinking she would make a very good companion. I'm guessing the Doctor goes back to before she got trapped in the Dalek or saves her from it and that's how they "meet".

Should we create an Official Doctor Who thread on here?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I only know one person who has watched and it was at my urging.

*shrug* I guess so? Can only assume he goes back in time and it's a past version of her. I heard he can do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The Doctor always goes on long, confusing rambling's but the current Doctor seems to do it more and overall he's just more manic than ever before.
Isn't that on purpose? With each re-generation, isn't he supposed to go a bit more mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Should we create an Official Doctor Who thread on here?
No.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-20-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM

Whoever wrote the script for Spartacus is a fucking moron.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-20-2012 at 02:38 PM.