Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

  #421  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him. That may not be true for the rest of the country, but it is true in my experience. And in every form of media I have read, they say "Is America ready for a black president?"..In fact, with Barack and Clinton, I hardly know anything about their politics because everyone is so obsessed with their race and sex, respectively. I dont like his use of his race as a campaign tool. His supporters deem his as "the black man that doesnt scare whites." Does that warrant good policies? The fact that I don't find him scary?

EDIT: Looking at his "views" on Wikipedia, his policies dont look terrible. His stance on immigration is a little too liberal for me, but his stances on the military, Iraq, Iran are pretty smart. I wish he wasnt so extreme in the abortion area (thinking about the lives of the non-incest, non-rape, non-life threatening birth babies), but whatever. I love his stance on gay marriage, that marriage is between a man and a woman, but gays deserve every right to the same rights and unions. Dont like his gun control stance either. Gungrabber.

Oh well..I dont hate him as much as I did..I take back my comment, but he is still no saint in my book. And I dont think he has enough experience under his belt yet.

EDIT EDIT: Looking back, we have some pretty jackbooted liberals here. But the majority of the metalsetlists population is either east coast or west coast, so that isnt a shocker. ...Just figured there would be more level-minded "true" conservatives, "true" liberals" or libertarians.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 05-17-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
When i get mugged by some black gangster because hes been pushed over the edge by lack of opportunity, ill know just who to thank.
This may sound racist, but I dont care: it has to be said. What you just said was the largest piece of bullshit I have ever heard. Gangs are not started to commit crimes to "escape the ghetto" as you are claiming. Knifing an old lady cannot be justified by poverty. Robbing someone cannot be justified by the fact that robber lives in a poor neighborhood. A crime is a crime. I feel total sympathy for the overwhelmingly poor black community, but I think it is an absolute crock to blame the majority of crime on the government's inability to correct their poverty. The mindset of a criminal isnt "darn, I know I should be a law-abiding citizen, but I really want to escape my circumstances, so I will reluctantly commit this tiny crime to advance myself." They dont think that way. Some may, but the majority dont. Drug-dealing, prostitution, and gangs may be means to advance yourself, but they only succeed in corrupting the society even more, and negatively affecting both sides. I refuse to believe that every single intercity criminal is an innocent person driven my survival instincts. And frankly, the prospect that they commit vicious crimes in order to advance themselves only supports the image of "uneducated savage" that we know just isnt true. I know that because I am white, everyone here will take this as bigotry, but having spent the past year semi-frequently in the company of poor blacks in Dayton Ohio, I can say that not every poor fellow does what he can to escape poverty. As Bill Cosby and Chris Rock have alluded to numerous times, you wouldnt believe how many 40s, cans, and bottles are just lying around in the grass, on the street. People break into houses to steal 10 dollars worth of copper or siding, and most of it goes to drugs or alcohol(my grandfather was a cop for 20-odd years: he knows how it works). I am not saying the majority of intercity minorities are criminals, but those that are criminals are often less educated compared to those blacks that do succeed, and no crime is justified by poverty.

*awaits firestorm from non-whites and liberals*
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
And all those calling Ron Paul a racist, I want you to know that he didnt write those articles: Dan Gannon did.
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 05-17-2007, 05:29 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Ron Paul isn't wrong, he just had no relevant reason to say what he did.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 05-17-2007, 06:49 AM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him. That may not be true for the rest of the country, but it is true in my experience. And in every form of media I have read, they say "Is America ready for a black president?"..In fact, with Barack and Clinton, I hardly know anything about their politics because everyone is so obsessed with their race and sex, respectively. I dont like his use of his race as a campaign tool. His supporters deem his as "the black man that doesnt scare whites." Does that warrant good policies? The fact that I don't find him scary?
He isn't campaigning on his race. He can't control what the media chooses to focus on.

White people who say things like, "Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him," really need to think twice before they speak. I mean, in 20 or so words there, you've (a) played the 'I'm not racist because I know some black people' card, (b) lumped all black people you know into one undifferentiated category, as if "they are all the same," (c) made a sweeping generalization of their complete political ignorance, and (d) made a sweeping attribution that they are all motivated by some sort of superficial race loyalty. It's stupid on so many levels.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.

Last edited by zgodt; 05-17-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
(a) played the 'I'm not racist because I know some black people' cards.
Out of curioisty, is there an "I'm not racist because I want to cover Vida Guerra's ass in cake frosting and eat it" card?
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Out of curioisty, is there an "I'm not racist because I want to cover Vida Guerra's ass in cake frosting and eat it" card?
Where can I get a deck of those cards

And I wasnt trying to generalize all blacks, but I was saying that my views on Barack are based on what I know. I base my opinions on the people I know. I was simply giving a disclaimer that I can only comment on what I know.
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
So basically what you are saying is that it is ok to be a racist if you have good policies. Good policies for whom?

How on earth can you say that his personality (racism) will not affect his politics? His racism is his personality, his personality is his agency and his agency is part of his social persona, therefore his racism is part of his social persona, part of his political agenda.

I cannot believe people argue in favor of racism, I cannot believe people think it is ok to be racist if you have good policies. There is no middle ground with racism, there is no gray area with racism, either you support it or you condemn it.

Im not arguing in favor of racism, but here in america, unlike socialist countries, you are allowed to speak and think freely. Even if you don't agree with Paul you shouldn't be calling to restrict his free speech. You either have 100% free speech or no free speech at all.

Besides, he was just talking about statistics, he didnt say "send those n*****s back to africa", so this is just slander and extrapolation. Can we focus on a real issue please? Are you liberals really so afraid of Paul taking the election that you need to sidetrack? He's the only GOP canidate that stands a chance against Hitlery, he's the only GOP canidate who's not a complete scumbag. He's the only person running for GOP that supports real conservatism. Hell, theyre trying to get him kicked out of the race because hes the only one not pro-war/pro-torture/pro-big government.
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Where can I get a deck of those cards

And I wasnt trying to generalize all blacks, but I was saying that my views on Barack are based on what I know. I base my opinions on the people I know. I was simply giving a disclaimer that I can only comment on what I know.

You mean well, but just drop it dude, if their big trump card is to call him a racist let em do it, just shows they cant debate the real political platforms, like why illegal immigrants are allowed to come here and get more rights than american citizens.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
It doesn't seem to me that Paul has any "real political platforms." He's basing his success on his anti-war stance, which is enticing to a lot of people right now, but he doesn't have any real hard policies on domestic issues. Eliminate the IRS and income tax? Yeah, good luck with that
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008