Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

  #281  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
They need to bring this show back!!


http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/2/156/412/5598/9785#
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
They need to bring this show back!!


http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/2/156/412/5598/9785#
Uh, which one?
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Uh, which one?


Damn it redirects back to the home page.


It was Sealab 2021.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Damn it redirects back to the home page.


It was Sealab 2021.
Oh. I agree. But it went downhill after the guy who played Capt. Murphy died.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Oh. I agree. But it went downhill after the guy who played Capt. Murphy died.

Yea, after that the show really lost alot of it's humor.. except for the whale cancer episode.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville View Post
The problem is that there is a geometric progression towards increasing temperatures. The pace was really slow in the past but now it is out of control and clearly humans are responsible for this.

Interesting. There was a forum about this at my college recently, mostly between the professors. Did you know that recent increases in sunspot activity is also a factor here? One of the top 3 causes infact. Climate on all the planets is changing. Also, parts of the world are actually cooling, such as south-eastern U.S., meaning that the warming isn't uniform. If solar activity warms the ocean, it has nothing to do with man-made c02. So while it's contributing, man-made c02 emissions aren't the main cause of warming, or the only cause of warming.


For the sake of science, people need to consider all working theories and not just get caught up with one of them. Global warming is really a hell of alot more complicated than just the exhaust coming from my V8. So basically the reason I believe that the government is focusing only on the "man made" cause is so they can implement their global carbon tax.



Basically to sum up what I'm saying, people need to view this rationally, realize everything you hear is still a theory, and not jump the gun and start to panic. More research still needs to be done.

Oh, and to answer anyone's question, I doubt very much these students/professors were paid off by the oil companies. I really wish the video of it was up on the net.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Interesting. There was a forum about this at my college recently, mostly between the professors. Did you know that recent increases in sunspot activity is also a factor here? One of the top 3 causes infact. Climate on all the planets is changing. Also, parts of the world are actually cooling, such as south-eastern U.S., meaning that the warming isn't uniform. If solar activity warms the ocean, it has nothing to do with man-made c02. So while it's contributing, man-made c02 emissions aren't the main cause of warming, or the only cause of warming.


For the sake of science, people need to consider all working theories and not just get caught up with one of them. Global warming is really a hell of alot more complicated than just the exhaust coming from my V8. So basically the reason I believe that the government is focusing only on the "man made" cause is so they can implement their global carbon tax.



Basically to sum up what I'm saying, people need to view this rationally, realize everything you hear is still a theory, and not jump the gun and start to panic. More research still needs to be done.

Oh, and to answer anyone's question, I doubt very much these students/professors were paid off by the oil companies. I really wish the video of it was up on the net.
This is a red herring. Climatology researchers have been looking at sunspots (among other "natural" explanations) as a cause of global warming for 20 years, and have determined conclusively that human activity is a far more significant factor in global warming than sunspots or any other explanation.

Of course global warming is complicated. That hardly means we should disregard the impact of your V8.

The government focusing only on the "manmade" cause? Are you serious? This American administration has done everything but. Bush backed us out of the Kyoto Treaty. He convened not one but two commissions to "study" the problem of global warming, even after the scientific consensus pointing to human industrial activity's role was well established, in hopes of poking holes in that consensus -- and both times the commisions came back saying that global warming is real and human activity is the cause. The government isn't siezing on global warming to further any agenda. The facts of global warming are forcing them to come up with an agenda that responds to it.
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post

The government focusing only on the "manmade" cause? Are you serious? This American administration has done everything but. Bush backed us out of the Kyoto Treaty. He convened not one but two commissions to "study" the problem of global warming, even after the scientific consensus pointing to human industrial activity's role was well established, in hopes of poking holes in that consensus -- and both times the commisions came back saying that global warming is real and human activity is the cause. The government isn't siezing on global warming to further any agenda. The facts of global warming are forcing them to come up with an agenda that responds to it.
Clinton was aware that by committing to the Kyoto Protocol, China and India would pull ahead economically, and America would fall drastically behind in the world. Therefore, he didnt commit. You cant nail global warming on Bush.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
This is a red herring. Climatology researchers have been looking at sunspots (among other "natural" explanations) as a cause of global warming for 20 years, and have determined conclusively that human activity is a far more significant factor in global warming than sunspots or any other explanation.

Of course global warming is complicated. That hardly means we should disregard the impact of your V8.

The government focusing only on the "manmade" cause? Are you serious? This American administration has done everything but. Bush backed us out of the Kyoto Treaty. He convened not one but two commissions to "study" the problem of global warming, even after the scientific consensus pointing to human industrial activity's role was well established, in hopes of poking holes in that consensus -- and both times the commisions came back saying that global warming is real and human activity is the cause. The government isn't siezing on global warming to further any agenda. The facts of global warming are forcing them to come up with an agenda that responds to it.

"Government" was referring more to the UN, who wants to implement the global carbon tax. But tell me how a tax will solve the problem? Their proposed solution does nothing to change the environment, it just collects more money for them. Water vapor is a far more dominant greenhouse gas, howcome we dont work on producing less of that?

And it depends where you get your sources from. EPA and NASA are good sources, while "Green Peace" isn't credible. I refuse to take data from a political source, because political sources always have an agenda to push. The problem I have with the man made c02 being the main cause is because its such a small % of the atmosphere, and when a volcano can easily out produce our emissions it makes me wonder if the earth can actually handle it after all. The c02 rise also seems to lag hundreds of years behind the increases in temperature.


But Im not trying to tell you you're wrong or I'm right, discussing theories is a good thing because it helps to clear up misinformation. The thing about global warming that Im the most concerned about however, is people who think like this. Im sorry, but that facist shit is the same thing that led to China's horrible forced abortion policy. Which is why I just stress for people to do research and not get hysterical.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
zgodt's Avatar
zgodt zgodt is offline
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
"Government" was referring more to the UN, who wants to implement the global carbon tax. But tell me how a tax will solve the problem? Their proposed solution does nothing to change the environment, it just collects more money for them. Water vapor is a far more dominant greenhouse gas, howcome we dont work on producing less of that?

And it depends where you get your sources from. EPA and NASA are good sources, while "Green Peace" isn't credible. I refuse to take data from a political source, because political sources always have an agenda to push. The problem I have with the man made c02 being the main cause is because its such a small % of the atmosphere, and when a volcano can easily out produce our emissions it makes me wonder if the earth can actually handle it after all. The c02 rise also seems to lag hundreds of years behind the increases in temperature.


But Im not trying to tell you you're wrong or I'm right, discussing theories is a good thing because it helps to clear up misinformation. The thing about global warming that Im the most concerned about however, is people who think like this. Im sorry, but that facist shit is the same thing that led to China's horrible forced abortion policy. Which is why I just stress for people to do research and not get hysterical.
The idea of the tax is to give incentives for governments and companies to reduce carbon emissions on their own -- it's seen as a less intrusive, more market-friendly measure than outright emissions caps. Not to say I disagree or agree with this approach, but it is clearly aimed at environmental improvement (rather than fundraising for the UN).

Do you know what causes water vapor levels to increase in the atmosphere? Higher CO2 levels. We can't regulate water vapor levels directly. We can regulate CO2 levels, with a resulting positive impact on water vapor levels. A source such as the EPA -- especially under the Bush administration -- should not be seen as politically neutral. You need the voices of Greenpeace et al. to balance out the views offered by official/government groups, especially when the latter are so deeply influenced by corporations.

I don't see what's so fascist about the link. It's not proposing a law against having too many kids; just trying to advocate for people to decide to have fewer kids. What's the problem?
__________________
So well informed I don't know where the truth begins.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008