Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Old 05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
ok i will. but not today, and not this week. Im far to busy. please pm me the link so i dont loose it.

you dont actually believe that global warming is a hoax do you?
not a hoax. But I also dont believe in believing every single thing you are told, and that until you hear both sides of the story (which is what you do in science) you cant really formulate a formidable opinion.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:50 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

if a scientist gets a job working with global warming, and they prove it wrong, theyre out of the job. now lets just say thousands upon thousands of scientists have jobs dealing with global warming.

the oceans "digest" excess c02. are you guys telling me that humans have made so much c02 that we've maxed out the oceans which cover 70% of our planet by a gas that only takes up 0.0383% of our atmosphere? has anyone forgotten without c02 this planet would die?

"being green" has gone from a movement with good intentions to some trendy fad. hell, theres "acredited scientists" who are telling us that having kids is kiling the environment, and that we need population reduction. how far are people going to take this? has anyone seen these celebrities electric bills? how about all the emissions their leer jets put out? can you guys honestly take scientific info from a politician/actor/singer/etc?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I turned it off once they started in on that "OMGZ, this is a huge conspiracy and if you don't believe what they do you'll be found in a dumpster!!!one1!!" bullshit.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I turned it off once they started in on that "OMGZ, this is a huge conspiracy and if you don't believe what they do you'll be found in a dumpster!!!one1!!" bullshit.
its actually not that bad. id watch it id i was you, and i dont agree with it at all.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
its actually not that bad. id watch it id i was you, and i dont agree with it at all.
haha actually i take that back.

its completely full of shit. Im sad CoS bought it. Ill right i detailed explaination later, but ive really got to do something else.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
if a scientist gets a job working with global warming, and they prove it wrong, theyre out of the job.
That's a crock. Scientists thrive on antagonism, and there's an enormous market these days for any research that casts doubt on the otherwise rock-solid scientific consensus about global warming. If any credibile, impartial scientist discovered compelling evidence to cast doubt on global warming, they would have it fucking made.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
That's a crock. Scientists thrive on antagonism, and there's an enormous market these days for any research that casts doubt on the otherwise rock-solid scientific consensus about global warming. If any credibile, impartial scientist discovered compelling evidence to cast doubt on global warming, they would have it fucking made.
didnt they do a poll of scientists that said many of them went along with global warming because they would be persecuted if they said otherwise?

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 05-09-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
didnt they do a poll of scientists that said many of them went along with global warming because they would be persecuted if they said otherwise?
I don't know. I've never seen anything of the sort.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
J-Priest Fa Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I have watched parts of it....I have learned to watch almost all of Mike's videos....because I have learned so fucking much about Global Warming, 9/11, Gun Rights, and government in general..It would be a huge loss not to listen to the view points of people other than corporate textbook producers.
i watched the first 10 minutes, i dont have time to finish it now. but i thought it was really revealing when they interviewed people on the street about laws requiring us to pay income tax and they asked if they would pay it if they found out it wasn't required. of course the response was "hell no, why would you pay taxes if you didn't have to?" this reveal another flaw in society: most people (including me) are relatively greedy and must be forced to pay taxes to insure that necessary programs get funded. dont get me wrong, they want social service, free education, and all that stuff; they just dont want to pay for it. therefore an organization that exists to regulate taxes and make sure they are paid is necessary
Old 05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil001 View Post
i watched the first 10 minutes, i dont have time to finish it now. but i thought it was really revealing when they interviewed people on the street about laws requiring us to pay income tax and they asked if they would pay it if they found out it wasn't required. of course the response was "hell no, why would you pay taxes if you didn't have to?" this reveal another flaw in society: most people (including me) are relatively greedy and must be forced to pay taxes to insure that necessary programs get funded. dont get me wrong, they want social service, free education, and all that stuff; they just dont want to pay for it. therefore an organization that exists to regulate taxes and make sure they are paid is necessary
States would still collect taxes, in Ron Paul's world. Isnt Education handled by the states?