Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #241  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
No, no, he's right. Those IRS agents and tax lawyers in that movie are all radical extremists and probably full of shit. We need the IRS, nevermind the fact that our country existed fine for over 100 years without it. Oh wait, I forgot they didn't have schools or roads or fire back when the country was founded.
haha hilarious. But your sarcasm actually brings up some great points . . . first; we did NOT have anywhere near the amount public education back then, and the roads were



Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
But you would reap the benefits more, because it is on a smaller scale! I dont think you have a real arguement for the current system, and you are just trying to argue for the helluvit
how do you propose to fund interstate highways, pay our national debt, deal with all the expences that cannot be placed on one state?

and just to clarify, i do not support our current system. I know that there are many changes that need to be made.

but just so you know, i really do see your argument. I totally see where you are coming from. So dont call me closeminded. I am taking in everything you say and thiking it over. I agree that tax money would probably be more efficiently used on the state level, and because i live in california i know that your system would benefit me enormously. I just dont think that abolishing the IRS and letting the national government float along by itself is the best idea.
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I have watched parts of it....I have learned to watch almost all of Mike's videos....because I have learned so fucking much about Global Warming, 9/11, Gun Rights, and government in general..It would be a huge loss not to listen to the view points of people other than corporate textbook producers.
i have seen all the biased bullshit i need about those topics. All these films feature interviews with experts also . . . they just twist what those experts say to support their argument.

Global Warming - An Unconvenient Truth

9/11 - Farenheit 911

Gun Rights - Bowling for Columbine


i can imagine the other side is just as hopelessly biased and blinded.

actually, An Unconvenient Truth was pretty commendable, but the other two . . .
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post

how do you propose to fund interstate highways, pay our national debt, deal with all the expences that cannot be placed on one state?

and just to clarify, i do not support our current system. I know that there are many changes that need to be made.

but just so you know, i really do see your argument. I totally see where you are coming from. So dont call me closeminded. I am taking in everything you say and thiking it over. I agree that tax money would probably be more efficiently used on the state level, and because i live in california i know that your system would benefit me enormously. I just dont think that abolishing the IRS and letting the national government float along by itself is the best idea.
there would be massive movements to stablize the economy before and after the transfer of power, if you will..Its not just like "STOP, GO!"

I still dont understand the concept of a national debt...who are we in debt to?

As for interstates..why cant states pay for their own stretch of the road?
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
Global Warming - An Unconvenient Truth

9/11 - Farenheit 911

Gun Rights - Bowling for Columbine

try "The Great Global Warming Scam" or something like that..

Fahrenhype 9/11, Celsius 41.11...or read Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man

The first one uses actual science to counter human global warming...not just biased claims.

The other 3 medias are biased, but not nearly as much as Michael Moore. If you read the book, you will find out that Michael Moreplease owns stock in Haliburton, he cuts up interviews and footage to make it appear that someone is saying something they arent, etc.....When moderate commentary is very scarce, you have to listen to both extremes.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
there would be massive movements to stablize the economy before and after the transfer of power, if you will..Its not just like "STOP, GO!"
its a nice idea, but during the transfer, the economy would slump and next election would see all the people of advocated the transfer out of office. Oh, the wonders of democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I still dont understand the concept of a national debt...who are we in debt to??
well, mostly to rich americans who buy bonds. But also to china, japan, and tons of other countries. Its not really the fact that we owe so much, is that eventually people will stop buying loans and the entire world will lose faith in the american economy. I assume you can figure out what happens after that . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
As for interstates..why cant states pay for their own stretch of the road?

i have no idea . . . i dont know anything about highways. That was just an example. My point is, there are tons of little things that the government MUST regulate to keep this country functioning. Im not talking about gun rights or anything big like that, im talking about business subsidies for american workers, military spending (imagine if each state had its own military . . . that you just be great), etc. There are so many little things that our government does that we cant even begin to list.
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
i have seen all the biased bullshit i need about those topics. All these films feature interviews with experts also . . . they just twist what those experts say to support their argument.

Global Warming - An Unconvenient Truth

9/11 - Farenheit 911

Gun Rights - Bowling for Columbine


i can imagine the other side is just as hopelessly biased and blinded.

actually, An Unconvenient Truth was pretty commendable, but the other two . . .
Lol, Unconvenient.

...Yeah I actually think Al Gore made a good film, but come on, Michael Moore documentaries are entertaining at best, not a good source of information at all.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
BTW China is going to take over the world so we may as well give up.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
...Yeah I actually think Al Gore made a good film, but come on, Michael Moore documentaries are entertaining at best, not a good source of information at all.
i know. thats my point.
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
try "The Great Global Warming Scam" or something like that..
The first one uses actual science to counter human global warming...not just biased claims.
Where did they get that "science" from? A fucking Cracker Jack box?
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
BTW China is going to take over the world so we may as well give up.
economically they will.

but their standard of living will still be crap so who cares?
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008