Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
you think washington is a bureaucratic mess now? wait until we have 50 little washingtons making up the difference
But the State of Ohio would be better suited to meet my needs, logically, because they have less people to worry about....as opposed to the federal government. Taxes would not be abolished, they would be collected by the state, as the citizens of the state saw fit.

Also, if the citizens of a state want the death penalty/abortion/taxes/draft/whatever, then they could better establish the majority rule in a smaller arena. Dont you find it utter bullshit that One executive leader, one small group of the elite, 9 men and women in black robes, can speak for the entire nation, decide what is right or wrong, say what you can and cant do? 51% may put those people in power, but that still leaves the other half of America (a shitload of people) pissed off...
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
i read the description. That video is so ridiculously biased that there is no point in watching it. I get my facts from textbooks and other sources that arent tainted by extremist views.

Cool, I'm glad you watched it and responded with an analysis of the points you disagreed on instead of making a biased generalization. FYI the guy who made the movie didn't write that description.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Cool, I'm glad you watched it and responded with an analysis of the points you disagreed on instead of making a biased generalization. FYI the guy who made the movie didn't write that description.
This kid is the most close-minded liberal I have ever met.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
But the State of Ohio would be better suited to meet my needs, logically, because they have less people to worry about....as opposed to the federal government. Taxes would not be abolished, they would be collected by the state, as the citizens of the state saw fit.
then div's whole thing about people having extra money to buy things and invigorate the economy is utterly pointless, because youll just be paying taxes to a different government. o joy.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:

No, no, he's right. Those IRS agents and tax lawyers in that movie are all radical extremists and probably full of shit. We need the IRS, nevermind the fact that our country existed fine for over 100 years without it. Oh wait, I forgot they didn't have schools or roads or fire back when the country was founded.

Anyway, I've got homework to do. Im out.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
then div's whole thing about people having extra money to buy things and invigorate the economy is utterly pointless, because youll just be paying taxes to a different government. o joy.
But you would reap the benefits more, because it is on a smaller scale! I dont think you have a real arguement for the current system, and you are just trying to argue for the helluvit
Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
do think i have time to sit down right now and watch an hour+ video just to argue with you? and cmon, really, dont give me that bullshit. For the last week i have responded to almost every political single post with a long analysis . . . you may not agree with me on any of it, but at least do me the honor of admitting that i have actually been responding with logical arguments. Just because i lay dow my guard for one moment and decide i have better things to do doesnt mean that i am making a biased generalization. Im currently trying to study for my AP Us History test which i fully expect to get top marks in.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
did you watch it?

no i didnt think so.

because its like an hour long.

please. do you really expect me to watch it right now? be real.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
do think i have time to sit down right now and watch an hour+ video just to argue with you? and cmon, really, dont give me that bullshit. For the last week i have responded to almost every political single post with a long analysis . . . you may not agree with me on any of it, but at least do me the honor of admitting that i have actually been responding with logical arguments. Just because i lay dow my guard for one moment and decide i have better things to do doesnt mean that i am making a biased generalization. Im currently trying to study for my AP Us History test which i fully expect to get top marks in.
You already called the video bullshit, there is no use in saying you are too busy to watch.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
did you watch it?

no i didnt think so.

because its like an hour long.

please. do you really expect me to watch it right now? be real.
I have watched parts of it....I have learned to watch almost all of Mike's videos....because I have learned so fucking much about Global Warming, 9/11, Gun Rights, and government in general..It would be a huge loss not to listen to the view points of people other than corporate textbook producers.