Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

  #221  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
IHe will abolish the IRS, that will make EVERYONE happy. Imagine getting to actually keep your whole salary? That would do wonders for the economy. People would be buying new cars, improving their homes, sending their kids to better schools, etc.
no no no no no no no no no no.

that would work for maybe two weeks. Then, when the average american realized that no taxes means paying for education, and all the tiny little things that government does for you that you dont even notice, we would be in serious trouble. No taxes will be very harmful to the government, i garauntee you. We are obviously so far at different sides of this debate that arguing will be pointless, i will vote for what i believe and you will vote for what you believe, and hopefully my choice wins.
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Yeah...almost every thing that affects my life is funded by the state....Federal government does very little for me. In fact, outside of Medicare and Defense, i cant really think of anything that really benefits me directly.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
no no no no no no no no no no.

that would work for maybe two weeks. Then, when the average american realized that no taxes means paying for education, and all the tiny little things that government does for you that you dont even notice, we would be in serious trouble. No taxes will be very harmful to the government, i garauntee you. We are obviously so far at different sides of this debate that arguing will be pointless, i will vote for what i believe and you will vote for what you believe, and hopefully my choice wins.

That's all state funded my friend. The income tax doesn't contribute to public services.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
no no no no no no no no no no.

that would work for maybe two weeks. Then, when the average american realized that no taxes means paying for education, and all the tiny little things that government does for you that you dont even notice, we would be in serious trouble. No taxes will be very harmful to the government, i garauntee you. We are obviously so far at different sides of this debate that arguing will be pointless, i will vote for what i believe and you will vote for what you believe, and hopefully my choice wins.
Ron Paul advocates the growth of state's rights and local government to speak for the citizens of its owns state (such as Ohio's 12-14 million people) doing its job, instead of one massive central government being responsible for 300 million people.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
The Federal Reserve is a private bank that charges the government interest for printing the money.
i dont think you quite understand the system. The Federal Reserve Board does not charge the government just to make money, it is the single defense against extreme inflation. These are the guys who mess with rates just a tiny bit and keep our economy in balance. Removing this part of our government would have disastrous consequences . . . imagine millions of americans getting sub-prime loans that they cant pay back and living way beyond their means because their is nobody to keep them in check, You think that no taxes would help the economy . . . just wait until crunch-time when all those loans default and our entire economy collapses. hello depression
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Ron Paul advocates the growth of state's rights and local government to speak for the citizens of its owns state (such as Ohio's 12-14 million people) doing its job, instead of one massive central government being responsible for 300 million people.

As this country was intended, a union of individual states with individual laws, aside from the constitution which is universal.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Ron Paul advocates the growth of state's rights and local government to speak for the citizens of its owns state (such as Ohio's 12-14 million people) doing its job, instead of one massive central government being responsible for 300 million people.
you think washington is a bureaucratic mess now? wait until we have 50 little washingtons making up the difference
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
i dont think you quite understand the system. The Federal Reserve Board does not charge the government just to make money, it is the single defense against extreme inflation. These are the guys who mess with rates just a tiny bit and keep our economy in balance. Removing this part of our government would have disastrous consequences . . . imagine millions of americans getting sub-prime loans that they cant pay back and living way beyond their means because their is nobody to keep them in check, You think that no taxes would help the economy . . . just wait until crunch-time when all those loans default and our entire economy collapses. hello depression

You would probably find this video interesting:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uration%3Along
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
As this country was intended, a union of individual states with individual laws, aside from the constitution which is universal.
as it was intended more that 200 years ago when there were only about 5 million people living in america. i love it when people use "how the founding fathers intended it" or "as this country was intended" as justifications for arguments. Reality check guys, it doesnt fuckig matter what they had to say about anything because they lived in a completely different world than us. Times have changed and circumstances have changed. It woul be wonderful if America could function like that, it really would, but it just wont in the real world.
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
You would probably find this video interesting:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uration%3Along
i read the description. That video is so ridiculously biased that there is no point in watching it. I get my facts from textbooks and other sources that arent tainted by extremist views.
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008