Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014

Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
IHe will abolish the IRS, that will make EVERYONE happy. Imagine getting to actually keep your whole salary? That would do wonders for the economy. People would be buying new cars, improving their homes, sending their kids to better schools, etc.
no no no no no no no no no no.

that would work for maybe two weeks. Then, when the average american realized that no taxes means paying for education, and all the tiny little things that government does for you that you dont even notice, we would be in serious trouble. No taxes will be very harmful to the government, i garauntee you. We are obviously so far at different sides of this debate that arguing will be pointless, i will vote for what i believe and you will vote for what you believe, and hopefully my choice wins.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Regretting my username

Yeah...almost every thing that affects my life is funded by the state....Federal government does very little for me. In fact, outside of Medicare and Defense, i cant really think of anything that really benefits me directly.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post

that would work for maybe two weeks. Then, when the average american realized that no taxes means paying for education, and all the tiny little things that government does for you that you dont even notice, we would be in serious trouble. No taxes will be very harmful to the government, i garauntee you. We are obviously so far at different sides of this debate that arguing will be pointless, i will vote for what i believe and you will vote for what you believe, and hopefully my choice wins.

That's all state funded my friend. The income tax doesn't contribute to public services.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:

Ron Paul advocates the growth of state's rights and local government to speak for the citizens of its owns state (such as Ohio's 12-14 million people) doing its job, instead of one massive central government being responsible for 300 million people.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
The Federal Reserve is a private bank that charges the government interest for printing the money.
i dont think you quite understand the system. The Federal Reserve Board does not charge the government just to make money, it is the single defense against extreme inflation. These are the guys who mess with rates just a tiny bit and keep our economy in balance. Removing this part of our government would have disastrous consequences . . . imagine millions of americans getting sub-prime loans that they cant pay back and living way beyond their means because their is nobody to keep them in check, You think that no taxes would help the economy . . . just wait until crunch-time when all those loans default and our entire economy collapses. hello depression
Old 05-09-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Ron Paul advocates the growth of state's rights and local government to speak for the citizens of its owns state (such as Ohio's 12-14 million people) doing its job, instead of one massive central government being responsible for 300 million people.

As this country was intended, a union of individual states with individual laws, aside from the constitution which is universal.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
you think washington is a bureaucratic mess now? wait until we have 50 little washingtons making up the difference
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
i dont think you quite understand the system. The Federal Reserve Board does not charge the government just to make money, it is the single defense against extreme inflation. These are the guys who mess with rates just a tiny bit and keep our economy in balance. Removing this part of our government would have disastrous consequences . . . imagine millions of americans getting sub-prime loans that they cant pay back and living way beyond their means because their is nobody to keep them in check, You think that no taxes would help the economy . . . just wait until crunch-time when all those loans default and our entire economy collapses. hello depression

You would probably find this video interesting:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uration%3Along
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
As this country was intended, a union of individual states with individual laws, aside from the constitution which is universal.
as it was intended more that 200 years ago when there were only about 5 million people living in america. i love it when people use "how the founding fathers intended it" or "as this country was intended" as justifications for arguments. Reality check guys, it doesnt fuckig matter what they had to say about anything because they lived in a completely different world than us. Times have changed and circumstances have changed. It woul be wonderful if America could function like that, it really would, but it just wont in the real world.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
You would probably find this video interesting:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uration%3Along
i read the description. That video is so ridiculously biased that there is no point in watching it. I get my facts from textbooks and other sources that arent tainted by extremist views.