Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014
Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014

Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
cmon . . . theres no point. if he gets the republican nomination, then they are fucked. He will scare all the moderates away. What the republicans need is a moderate conservative so they have a shot at winning. same thing for the democrats to . . . the last thing they need is hillary
But Ron Paul is the tr00est American out there. He isnt driven my corporations or greed..He is a fucking saint, in my book.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I was watching that too. God, those people were so full of shit. And Nugent is a goddamned fascist.
The worst part is that people actually take him seriously because he is famous. He souds just like the michigan militia but everybody knows they are crazy.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Ron Paul is the only gop canidate who could beat the dems. Do you really think a pro war canidate will have a shot in hell at winning?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Ron Paul is the only gop canidate who could beat the dems. Do you really think a pro war canidate will have a shot in hell at winning?
far enough. im watching his Gop debate right now.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888 View Post
far enough. im watching his Gop debate right now.

I look at it this way. He supports guns, that makes gun owners happy. He is against the war, that should make all the liberals and some of the conservatives happy. Hes against illegal immigration, that should make people in the boarder states happy. He will abolish the IRS, that will make EVERYONE happy. Imagine getting to actually keep your whole salary? That would do wonders for the economy. People would be buying new cars, improving their homes, sending their kids to better schools, etc.

So no matter who you are, Ron Paul can make you happy.

Its happiness for everyone
Old 05-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
He will abolish the IRS
I shall now quote Shcroder in one of the blaxploitation Charlie Brown cartoons...

"How the fuck is he gonna accomplish that?"
Old 05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
J-Priest Fa Sho

Quote:
I look at it this way. He supports guns, that makes gun owners happy. He is against the war, that should make all the liberals and some of the conservatives happy. Hes against illegal immigration, that should make people in the boarder states happy. He will abolish the IRS, that will make EVERYONE happy. Imagine getting to actually keep your whole salary? That would do wonders for the economy. People would be buying new cars, improving their homes, sending their kids to better schools, etc.

So no matter who you are, Ron Paul can make you happy.

Its happiness for everyone
he wants to abolish the irs?? thats fucked up. getting to keep your paycheck sounds nice on paper, but when there are no public schools and you have to pay through the teeth for your kids to get a good education (and many wont be able to afford it at all), the roads in poor neighborhoods get even wose, and medicare drops out... etc, good god this is fucked up. unless i am misunderstanding this he sounds like a terrible candidate
Old 05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
But Ron Paul is the tr00est American out there. He isnt driven my corporations or greed..He is a fucking saint, in my book.
uhh . . . . i wouldnt go that far.

im watching his GoP debte video right now. For all my bias, he really doesnt seem that bad. He has an aura of integrity around him which i admire. I happen to completely dissagree with him on almost every issue, but he seems like a intelligient kind-hearted person.

my major problem with his policies is that the whole conservative spend-as-little-money-as-possible thing goes against all my beliefs . . . it seems to me that the whole purpose of government is to provide services, such as better education, better/cheaper healthcare, subsidy for medical research, better law inforcement, etc. If it doesnt serve these purposes, then i don really see what the point of it is. The part where he talked about lowering taxes that much . . . that sounds great, but there are certain functions that the government needs to preform, and we really, really need to pay back our debt. Maybe after we've delt with that problem we can talk about lowering taxes. Also, his non-intervention policy means no help for darfur, which is kinda sad . . . i know its not our duty to police the world, but it sure would be nice to give them a hand . . . i think it would do a lot of good in terms of making Americans look better.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Regretting my username

Who exactly are we in debt to?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:36 PM

The Federal Reserve is a private bank that charges the government interest for printing the money. The Income Tax pays this interest. Schools and roads and such are paid for by your state tax. Paul wants congress to go back to coining its' own money (like theyre supposed to do). The income tax is also a direct tax on your labor. Going to work should be a fair trade, your labor for the boss' money, but the IRS considers your salary as "profit" and takes a chunk out of it. It's kinda like slavery.