Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slayer -- Albany, NY -- November 25th, 2014
Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 01-18-2007, 05:35 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I'm happy with # 1, you guys are not all idiots after all

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
le sigh...
Old 01-18-2007, 05:55 PM
In Search of Truth

Alright folks, maybe if I put it like this I won't get bashed for liking a "boring power metal album"

Savatage is my favorite band. Second only to Maiden. One of the things I've always loved about the band was the era with Zach Stevens on vocals... the music composition and vocals were both superb at all times, and is the sole grounds for my love of them. So, Zach has a new band, and they now put out an album, that despite how unnoticed it's gone, I personally feel is better than any album Zach has ever done, and probably better than any Savatage album. Yes, I said it. And no one here really has the right to tell me I'm wrong. Firstly, my opinion can't be wrong, and secondly, I garuntee you I'm almost definately the biggest Savatage fan on this board. And after having the album for almost 4 months now, I still listen to it on a regular basis, usually several times a week... This is the probably the first album where I've ever had a top 8 favorite songs on it, since there's a total of 8 songs on it all of the same disturbingly good quality, and the other 3 are all very good as well. I'm not comfortable enough to say I like this album more than any Savatage, which automatically makes it one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'm not gonna bother to going into more detail, because no one really seems to care, which doesn't bother me all that much. It's not the honest lack on interest that bothers me. It's the unnecessary bashing and criticizing of it that gets me, since some of you guys really don't know what you're talking about with an album like this... And no, I'm not saying I'm knowledgable with all types of metal, but I don't go around criticizing stuff I know little about, I stick to what I know.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Firstly, my opinion can't be wrong
Yes, it can.

P.S. Cry more
Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I myself am perfectly happy with Maiden being #1... they didn't rank #1 on my personal list, but I definately think they have more than enough right to hold that title...
The thing that gets me is how most people now are upset that Maiden wound up #1... It's not like this poll was decided against everybody's will, it was voted by everyone... and frankly, all except a very small number of folks put AMOLAD in their list, many towards the top of it.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Yes, it can.

P.S. Cry more
Who's crying? I most certainly am not.

And by the way, I don't think you've ever responded to a single thing I've said with anything other than a childish remark.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:

And by the way, I don't think you've ever responded to a single thing I've said with anything other than a childish remark.
you are crying.....every time someone even MENTIONS power metal, you post a paragraph or two defending your tastes....you are making a HUGE deal out of nothing.....just face the fact: people dont like 'your' power metal. They like the power metal that you dont even consider power metal..

Deal with it.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
N00B

Quote:

News flash buddy, nothing you say really elicits anything more than a childish remark
Old 01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Jesus, you're STILL bitching about being persecuted for your musical tastes?? Give it a fucking rest.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM
In Search of Truth

This has absolutely nothing to do with "persecuted musical tastes". It's NOT about that. Apparently you people didn't get my message that I really don't give a shit what you people think about what I listen to. What this IS about is me defending an album I whole-heartedly love against people criticizing it of being something it's not.