I'M BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Maiden View Post
Make that 4
Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCharmer View Post
9. Circle II Circle - I dont even know where to begin as to how bland this power metal album is. For shit's sake, you guys need to get some Wolf, Astral Doors, Manticora or Wolf for some real metal.
I used to think opinions couldn't be wrong... Then I read this statement. Either your deaf, ignorant, or have never heard the album. A Deaf person could realize that Circle II Circle is not a power metal band. Not even close. I happen to really like a good deal of power metal, some would even consider me an authority of the subject, and this my friend, is not a power metal band or album.
Furthermore, the Astral Doors album was an honorable mention on my list and quite enjoyed it... I've been meaning to check out that Manticora but haven't got a chance... and I've enjoyed some Wolf I've heard, but I wasn't too impressed with the new album myself.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
N00B

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I used to think opinions couldn't be wrong... Then I read this statement. Either your deaf, ignorant, or have never heard the album. A Deaf person could realize that Circle II Circle is not a power metal band. Not even close. I happen to really like a good deal of power metal, some would even consider me an authority of the subject, and this my friend, is not a power metal band or album.
Rodrigo is one of the very few people here (plus Brad & Brady) who I honestly think have the best tastes in music (well, those whom I agree with the most often about music in general) and actually know what the fuck they are talking about, so don't be calling him "deaf and ignorant"
Old 01-17-2007, 11:30 PM
--------------------------

Quote:
Furthermore, the Astral Doors album was an honorable mention on my list and quite enjoyed it... I've been meaning to check out that Manticora but haven't got a chance... and I've enjoyed some Wolf I've heard, but I wasn't too impressed with the new album myself.
Does it really matter what genre a band perfectly fits in? I heard plenty of power metal elments with this album so that's why I labeled it as a power metal album.

Would this classification work better for you: Circle 2 Circle is a Savatage-inspired melodic progressive heavy power metal rock band that released an album that to this BB'er was incredibly boring, bland and unimaginative.

Sorry if I offended your favorite album of 2006 but what I didn't realize is that criticizing an album was grounds for receiving personal attacks. It's cool though since as I said in my post: I still love everyone.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Hearts I Rip?

Thumbs up

Quote:
I happen to really like a good deal of power metal, some would even consider me an authority of the subject, and this my friend, is not a power metal band or album.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:38 AM
We're dying on the inside

The hell with hearing everything on the list I don't have. I and CIIC I have no interest in based on the songs I've heard. Amon Amarth I will buy.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:08 AM
N00B

Quote:
Metal archives:

"Genre(s)
Progressive Power Metal"

I'd believe them before you.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
I'M BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Metal archives:

"Genre(s)
Progressive Power Metal"

I'd believe them before you.
They are not power metal. And since you brought up metal archives, someone wrote a very positive review on that album.

Last edited by theclansman1114; 01-18-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
N00B

Today melodic heavy metal bands with high vocals and some proggier elements are basically all labelled Progressive Power Metal just as Metal-Archives says. Get used to it.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The hell with hearing everything on the list I don't have. I and CIIC I have no interest in based on the songs I've heard. Amon Amarth I will buy.
I wanna hear Circle II Circle I'm never opposed to hearing a band.........hell I even listened to the new Trivium, I can get through anything now

EDIT: I just saw them on their Metal-Archives page

Last edited by ADD; 01-18-2007 at 01:19 PM.