Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

  #41  
Old 01-15-2007, 11:29 AM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCharmer View Post
Very interesting list however I cant believe that these two albums are not in your list:

Drudkh - Blood in our Wells
Negura Bunget - OM
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, that Drudkh album is the one from this year that I am absolutely killing myself over not getting That and the new Amorphis especially. Negura Bunget, ehh, I heard a song from that album and it definitely didn't seem like they were all they've been hyped-up to be. I dunno.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelripper View Post
Agalloch?
#9
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
SnakeCharmer's Avatar
SnakeCharmer SnakeCharmer is offline
--------------------------
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Along the Highway
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, that Drudkh album is the one from this year that I am absolutely killing myself over not getting That and the new Amorphis especially. Negura Bunget, ehh, I heard a song from that album and it definitely didn't seem like they were all they've been hyped-up to be. I dunno.
You need to get that Drudkh pronto!

The Negura Bunget needs to be heard as a whole. Its an album that cant be interpreted by listening to just one song. It took me a few listens to "get" it but now I totally enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCharmer View Post
You need to get that Drudkh pronto!

The Negura Bunget needs to be heard as a whole. Its an album that cant be interpreted by listening to just one song. It took me a few listens to "get" it but now I totally enjoy it.
I will be on the lookout for both
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-15-2007, 03:43 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post

yeah ok shut the fuck up kids we know how much better everyone else is
Yes. Yes we do.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
I agree too. I can't think of another metal album that I've seen on as many "Best of '06" lists, especially since a lot of them weren't even from metal publications.

EDIT- In response to Brad's claim that "Blood Mountain" is this decade's Rust In Peace or Paranoid.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I agree too. I can't think of another metal album that I've seen on as many "Best of '06" lists, especially since a lot of them weren't even from metal publications.

EDIT- In response to Brad's claim that "Blood Mountain" is this decade's Rust In Peace or Paranoid.
Rolling Stone loved it.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-15-2007, 03:56 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Rolling Stone loved it.
Definitely not overrated.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Definitely not overrated.
Just saying it was the only metal album on their top 100.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Just saying it was the only metal album on their top 100.
Rolling Stone only had 1 metal album in their top 100 of 2006?
__________________
08/18: Alice In Chains
08/19: Alice In Chains
09/21: Overkill
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008