Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014
Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:29 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
By the way, she's on the NBA Live '07 soundtrack. Pretty badass rapping.
I know! Can you believe she's a 20-year-old white British girl? I'm glad MTV hasn't been turned her into the female Eminem yet.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:32 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I know! Can you believe she's a 20-year-old white British girl? I'm glad MTV hasn't been turned her into the female Eminem yet.
Her voice is really unique too, not the gangsta thug sounding thing I usually hear in hip-hop/rap. I might check her out further.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:35 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
1. Kataklysm-In the Arms of Devastation
2. Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life and Death
3. Amon Amarth-With Oden on Our Side
4. Mastodon Blood Mountain
5. Cannibal Corpse-Kill
6. The Sword-Age of Winters
7. Rebel Meets Rebel-Rebel Meets Rebel
8. Sepultura-Dante XXI
9. In Flames-Come Clarity
10. Hatebreed-Supremacy
I took out Into Eternity, added Mastodon at number 4, and everything after that slid down one.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Her voice is really unique too, not the gangsta thug sounding thing I usually hear in hip-hop/rap. I might check her out further.
Love me or hate me it's still an obsession
Love me or hate me that is the question
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:37 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelripper
"Reason for editing post: Previous post was too vulgar and horrific and might cause gigantic warts that infect little children."
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
powerslave_85's Avatar
powerslave_85 powerslave_85 is offline
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Her voice is really unique too, not the gangsta thug sounding thing I usually hear in hip-hop/rap. I might check her out further.
"If you love me then thank you!
If you hate me then fuck you!"

The album is really fun, and has a lot of great tracks. Some of them, though, are so catchy they verge on being annoying. But not really.
__________________
"COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Angelripper's Avatar
Angelripper Angelripper is offline
Hearts I Rip?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HK
Posts: 818
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Again I am reminded of why I don't like most of the people on this board.

I'm not saying that if I don't like something, it's not good, I am however saying that many of you people would never even listen to the majority of the albums on my list, just dismiss them, despite the possibly greatness of them. And before you say I'm the same about different music, I'm not.

I don't even know why I'm gonna bother posting a list on this board anyway, I think I'm the only one voting for 8 of 10 albums on my list.

And furthermore, I can't stand the people who only bought like 2 albums this year. If you're into metal, you can't POSSIBLY argue that there's nothing going on in metal these days. Personally, 2006 has been the hardest year for me to determine a top 10 since I've been listening to music extensively... There's tons of great stuff and tons of diversity. Believe it or not, metal didn't die at the end of the 80s.
It's not the fact that you're wrong. It's not the fact that you listen to Power/Flower Metal. It's the fact that you came across as some pompous diva when you said that none of us have heard any of the great albums that you've heard. Forgive me for ripping on you, and please don't take me too seriously.

Cock smoker.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
I'm gonna be bumping this every night with the new standings, whether or not the particular day got any voters. That'll keep it in view for anyone who might only occasionally drop by.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelripper View Post
It's not the fact that you're wrong. It's not the fact that you listen to Power/Flower Metal. It's the fact that you came across as some pompous diva when you said that none of us have heard any of the great albums that you've heard. Forgive me for ripping on you, and please don't take me too seriously.

Cock smoker.
Pfft. I don't think I'm gonna waste my time responding to that statement further.

But for future notice, I would like to say that I garuntee you that no more than half the albums on my list will be power metal, and none of them will be this so-called "flower" metal.

Last edited by Maiden33; 01-02-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
sylpriest's Avatar
sylpriest sylpriest is offline
Where all the white women at?
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,055
1. Norma Jean-Reedemer
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Show Your Bones
3. Underoath-Define the Great Line
4. Strapping Young Lad- The New Black
5. HORSE the band- Pizza
6. Rise Against- Sufferer and the Witness
7. Valient Thorr- Legends of the World
8. Audioslave- Revelations
9. Rob Zombie-Educated Horses
10. Taking Back Sunday-Louder Now

__________________
Fight Fair...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008