Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

  #31  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
yet the people who don't really like metal tend to think of themselves as elitists over those that do.
There isn't a single person on here I can think of that "doesn't really like metal." I'm totally confused.

Maybe just because not everyone has such a short range of taste "Let's see here, from Pink Floyd to Slayer, right on!"

Or wait, "Dragonforce to Manticora", now that's broad for ya Yeah, real shocker that people like A LOT of non-metal, myself definitely included.

Let's break it down like this, looking at just my iTunes and how I separate genres:

"Ambient"- 8 artists
"Folk"- 8 artists
"Hardcore/Punk"- 14 artists
"Jazz"- 2 artists
"Latin"- 1 artist
"Metal"- 292 artists
"Progressive"- 66 artists
"Rock"- 229 artists

So, as I assume you were referring to me and Brad in that post, I hope you realize that the vast majority of music I listen to is indeed metal, but that it's practically NECESSARY to listen to other stuff too.
__________________
Feel It

Last edited by ADD; 12-21-2006 at 05:21 PM.
  #32  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:22 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
There isn't a single person on here I can think of that "doesn't really like metal." I'm totally confused.

Maybe just because not everyone has such a short range of taste "Let's see here, from Pink Floyd to Slayer, right on!"

Or wait, "Dragonforce to Manticora"
I see what you are saying, but this is a metal board, and it seems certain people like to talk about how 'totally awesome' bands like Tool and Pink Floyd are. I know you, Addi, talk about your tastes in non-metal while mocking me for listening to Kataklysm and In Flames (which are 10x more metal than Tool or Phish or whatever you hipsters listen to today)
  #33  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post

So, as I assume you were referring to me and Brad in that post, I hope you realize that the vast majority of music I listen to is indeed metal, but that it's practically NECESSARY to listen to other stuff too.
I get pissed off when you say how cool certain non-metal bands are while insulting other bands that ARE metal and calling me untrue.
  #34  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:25 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I see what you are saying, but this is a metal board, and it seems certain people like to talk about how 'totally awesome' bands like Tool and Pink Floyd are. I know you, Addi, talk about your tastes in non-metal while mocking me for listening to Kataklysm and In Flames (which are 10x more metal than Tool or Phish or whatever you hipsters listen to today)
If you listened to more good metal I wouldn't mock you How the music is classified doesn't really matter, it only matters whether I (or you, or whoever) likes it or not. That's the bottom line. So maybe I like Tool and Pink Floyd a lot (alright, a hell of a lot) more than Kataklysm and In Flames. And that matters why?
__________________
Feel It
  #35  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:26 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I get pissed off when you say how cool certain non-metal bands are while insulting other bands that ARE metal and calling me untrue.
I'd say someone who follows their own path and decides to listen to some "hippy shit" like Lamp Of The Universe or something is more true than someone who listens to Trivium because they're "metal". Unless you truly like Trivium, in which place I merely feel pity
__________________
Feel It
  #36  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
If you listened to more good metal I wouldn't mock you How the music is classified doesn't really matter, it only matters whether I (or you, or whoever) likes it or not. That's the bottom line. So maybe I like Tool and Pink Floyd a lot (alright, a hell of a lot) more than Kataklysm and In Flames. And that matters why?
Because you express your love for Tool and Pink Floyd in such a pompous and pretentious way, that you frequently insist on mocking the bands that other people like. (IE: In Flames, Katakylsm)
  #37  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Because you express your love for Tool and Pink Floyd in such a pompous and pretentious way, that you frequently insist on mocking the bands that other people like. (IE: In Flames, Katakylsm)
Pompous maybe, but I don't understand how I can express love for something in a pretentious way
__________________
Feel It
  #38  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
I'd say someone who follows their own path and decides to listen to some "hippy shit" like Lamp Of The Universe or something is more true than someone who listens to Trivium because they're "metal". Unless you truly like Trivium, in which place I merely feel pity
I dont listen to Trivium, and assuming that I do just proves my point: that you look down upon anyone that doesnt like the same bands as you (such as metalcore)
  #39  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I dont listen to Trivium, and assuming that I do just proves my point: that you look down upon anyone that doesnt like the same bands as you (such as metalcore)
I meant "you" as in just someone else ("If one likes Trivium...."). And yeah, well apparently you do the same.
__________________
Feel It
  #40  
Old 12-21-2006, 05:30 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Pompous maybe, but I don't understand how I can express love for something in a pretentious way
because you and Brad always preach about how music is better than every other medium/feeling.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008