Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-18-2006, 06:51 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Indifferent Children Of Bodom -- New York City, NY -- December 17th, 2006

Amon Amarth were great. Bodom were pretty bad. I was terribly dissapointed, the setlist was completely MEH and had NO KISSING THE SHADOWS (or any but the fucking TWO Hatebreeder songs, but of course they were fine with playing half of HCDR ) and the mix of Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior was bad and pretty much fucked both songs (No fucking solo sections), much unlike the Bodom beach terror/bodom after midnight medley from last year which rocked. Even the "good" bodom songs were fucked because Alexi was so wasted that he ruined just about every solo he played. I doubt I'd go see Bodom again now.

Amon Amarth kicked fucking ass though. So much of it too. I didn't really know Gojira except for a few songs beforehand, but they were pretty damn good. Sanctity were really bad though.

Also the crowd was fucking insane. And I don't really mean that in a good way. Me and my friend (and almost everyone around us) fell down at one point and I thought one of us was gonna get seriously hurt. It was made a less enjoyable by the crowd and the dick employees of Nokia theater. This is my third experience with those people, and I think they must all just be assholes.

Brady, I didn't see you at all. Then again... the place is pretty damn huge I guess.

Here's the setlists for the two bands I know:

Amon Amarth:

Valhall Awaits Me
Runes To My Memory
Death In Fire
Fate Of Norns
Asator
Cry Of The Blackbirds
An Ancient Sign Of Coming Storm
The Pursuit Of Vikings

Children Of Bodom:

Hate Me!
Children of Decadence
Chokehold (Cocked 'n' loaded)
Sixpounder
Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet?
Children Of Bodom
Needled 24/7
Angels Don't Kill
We're Not Gonna Fall
Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior
Bodom Beach Terror
In Your Face

Downfall
Old 12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Regretting my username

God, I want to see Amon Amarth
Old 12-18-2006, 08:08 PM
N00B

Yeah, Amon Amarth was unfuckingbelievable. Even better than the first time I saw them I think, though the setlist was way too short.

The rest of the show was just about worthless, though. Sanctity are complete trash, and I thought Gojira were just terrible. There were a few times when their completely excessive rhythmic (i.e. chugga-chugga) riffs approached something resembling originality and art, but mostly it was just jigga-juggas and chugga-wuggas, with the same artifical harmonic gimmicks in every single song. And I was doubly disappointed because metal-archives has them down as "Death/Thrash metal," which is just completely and totally inaccurate from what I heard them play last night.

Bodom bored the hell out of me. SomewhereInTime (I can't remember your name dude haha) is right. Alexi sounded really sloppy, which isn't good for Bodom. And christ, it was all that Are You Dead Yet/HCDR chugga-chugga breakdown shit. I'm not much of a fan of their old stuff to begin with, but I would've enjoyed that stuff a hell of a lot more.

Last edited by overkiller; 12-18-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
I am Ahab

That AA setlist is very heavy on the new album. But hell it's an awesome album and ya can't blame the band; the fans voted on the setlist.

Gojira is amazing. I don't know how good they sound live, but their last album "from mars to sirius" was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2005. they deserve to be on a fairly big tour like this.

that Bodom setlist is fairly lame though. On the last US tour I got "Silent night, bodom night," "towards dead end," and "lake bodom". i think i'd be a lot more impressed with this current list if they did play "kissing the shadows" which i remember seeing on the setlist from an earlier show on this tour. Alexi does play very sloppy though
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
In Search of Truth

I could fire away with a lot of ammo on Bodom... but I think I'm gonna save it. To easy.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:11 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I could fire away with a lot of ammo on Bodom... but I think I'm gonna save it. To easy.
kthx
Old 12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
Yeah, Amon Amarth was unfuckingbelievable. Even better than the first time I saw them I think, though the setlist was way too short.

The rest of the show was just about worthless, though. Sanctity are complete trash, and I thought Gojira were just terrible. There were a few times when their completely excessive rhythmic (i.e. chugga-chugga) riffs approached something resembling originality and art, but mostly it was just jigga-juggas and chugga-wuggas, with the same artifical harmonic gimmicks in every single song. And I was doubly disappointed because metal-archives has them down as "Death/Thrash metal," which is just completely and totally inaccurate from what I heard them play last night.

Bodom bored the hell out of me. SomewhereInTime (I can't remember your name dude haha) is right. Alexi sounded really sloppy, which isn't good for Bodom. And christ, it was all that Are You Dead Yet/HCDR chugga-chugga breakdown shit. I'm not much of a fan of their old stuff to begin with, but I would've enjoyed that stuff a hell of a lot more.
Yeah. You pretty much nailed it, except I thought Gojira were alright.

And it's Dylan.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:44 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Bodom is pretty much the Dragonforce of death metal.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Bodom is pretty much the Dragonforce of death metal.
I agree 100%
Old 12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

cobhc 4eva omg

Tags
amon amarth, children of bodom