Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

  #1  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:29 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Ragefire w/Vox...

Finally. Here's your first taste of what we sound like as a full band.

http://www.ragefiremusic.com/1112/1 - Messiah.mp3
http://www.ragefiremusic.com/1112/4 - The Wickerman.mp3

First of all, these aren't recordings. Just one microphone recording during practice.

Both of these still have a ways to go. I think our vocalist is good, but it's still a lot of potential and he needs work, for sure. But he's been working hard and sounding better every week. The first time we tried "Wickerman" - well... let's just say it wasn't pleasant, but it's listenable now

Wickerman especially still needs a lot of polish. We only have one guitar, so it definitely sounds a little funky with that. But the bass mostly plays the second guitar part more so than the actual bass part as a result.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:38 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,812
The transition to the chorus in Wicker Man seems awkward and forced.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
The transition to the chorus in Wicker Man seems awkward and forced.
Yeah, I hear ya. One thing... I wish our drummer could play Nicko's part...
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Yeah, I hear ya. One thing... I wish our drummer could play Nicko's part...

Nicko's a clever bastard, at 50 he decides to pull out the double kick with one foot.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
Nicko's a clever bastard, at 50 he decides to pull out the double kick with one foot.
Yep. Our drummer was always like "nu-uh that's a double kick" and I was like "no sir." But he doesn't even try, so... blah. He used to have a tom part that had a similiar feel, but apparently he forgot that Bah.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 PM
HECHO EN MEXICO's Avatar
HECHO EN MEXICO HECHO EN MEXICO is offline
FUCK BUSH! VIVA HUGO CHAVEZ!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: LAKE FOREST, C.A.
Posts: 8,179
Nicko IS A GREAT DRUMMER BUT......
THIS MAN IS A GOD (PIC BELOW)


__________________
I AM A ....

MUSIC FANATIC/SOCIALIST//BEER DRINKER
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Yep. Our drummer was always like "nu-uh that's a double kick" and I was like "no sir." But he doesn't even try, so... blah. He used to have a tom part that had a similiar feel, but apparently he forgot that Bah.


This is completely unrelated, but I figured I'd share a musician's story regarding toms. I remember in my band we were gonna cover Weezer's "My Name Is Jonas," and I had never heard the song before, so I just came up with this tom pattern as the rhythm, and they were all cool with it. It was pretty sweet. Then when I heard the actual song I was like .
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post


This is completely unrelated, but I figured I'd share a musician's story regarding toms. I remember in my band we were gonna cover Weezer's "My Name Is Jonas," and I had never heard the song before, so I just came up with this tom pattern as the rhythm, and they were all cool with it. It was pretty sweet. Then when I heard the actual song I was like .
That's a heckuva story

I haven't heard that particular song though.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:58 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
That's a heckuva story

I haven't heard that particular song though.

It's Emo hogwash. Instead of going out of your way to hear it, go listen to Operation: Mindcrime again .
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2006, 08:01 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr. View Post
It's Emo hogwash. Instead of going out of your way to hear it, go listen to Operation: Mindcrime again .


Can do, tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll be seein' it live
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008