Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014

Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 PM
The Cheese

Hell Is Here

What started as a jam the other week started to turn into a song this week at Ragefire practice. We decided to record a live version of the song to get a feel for what we could do with it. It's just from a microphone we stuck in the room with us, but it sounds relatively okay since our sound is decently mixed as we practice through a PA setup.

Anyways, what do you guys think of it? It's kind of slow and doomy (sort of Sabbathy.) It's definitely unfinished, but we like where it's going.

Another note... the lead work is just pulled out my ass, and really shitty, so don't worry about it. That's why it repeats itself for the faster part, because I was pretty lazy by the time we grabbed this and didn't feel like thinking.

No vocals as this song literally came into being today

Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes? This is really early stage stuff, so I'm interested to hear what you guys would do differently... get an outside perspective, you know?

http://www.ragefiremusic.com/hih.mp3
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 PM
N00B

fail gtfo
Old 11-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Creating your music should be your business and your business only. Ya think Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath or even Metallica had a poll of people from message boards, or went around asking clumps of average joes to help them shape their music? No, they presented their music to the world like it is with out any kind of feedback and they did just fine in the success department. I'm glad they didn't cos most people on message boards are fuckin idiots.

What I'm saying is, while I'm sure there are people here that appreciate you putting your music up, the only one that should decide if its ready for proper release or if its in a perfect state should be the musician and musician alone. Other musicians here have their own musical visions and sometimes musicians would want to influence others to make music the way they think it should sound.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller
fail gtfo
Old 11-06-2006, 06:48 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Creating your music should be your business and your business only. Ya think Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath or even Metallica had a poll of people from message boards, or went around asking clumps of average joes to help them shape their music? No, they presented their music to the world like it is with out any kind of feedback and they did just fine in the success department. I'm glad they didn't cos most people on message boards are fuckin idiots.

What I'm saying is, while I'm sure there are people here that appreciate you putting your music up, the only one that should decide if its ready for proper release or if its in a perfect state should be the musician and musician alone. Other musicians here have their own musical visions and sometimes musicians would want to influence others to make music the way they think it should sound.

Nah, I know what you're saying, and just because people here do say something, doesn't mean it will necessarily be taken into account. However, when you look at Black Sabbath and Metallica they've made plenty of shitty music too, and sometimes I think that's because they lose sight of what they're actually doing.

I like getting an outside perspective on what we're doing. I do it all the time with people around here (in real life), but sometimes it's nice to have strangers rip on your stuff, because every once and a while they'll be right about something.

Plus with so many people here being musicians themselves, it's interesting - if nothing else - to hear their thoughts.

But I agree with you, and ask anybody in the band I'm a total douchebag with my material. Sure you can suggest something, but if I don't really care for it, then it's just too bad
Old 11-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
But I agree with you, and ask anybody in the band I'm a total douchebag with my material. Sure you can suggest something, but if I don't really care for it, then it's just too bad

It's actually good that you are like that. Shows that you know what you want.

Just try not to believe too much of the hype.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
It's actually good that you are like that. Shows that you know what you want.

Just try not to believe too much of the hype.
I usually know what I want. Just ask our drummer. I had to yell him into the corner to get him to put some toms on the intro to this song the other day

Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
I usually know what I want. Just ask our drummer. I had to yell him into the corner to get him to put some toms on the intro to this song the other day

Wow, if I was your drummer, you'd have to yell at me not to put toms on an intro. Whether or not that's a good thing I don't know. I still have yet to determine Keith Moon's influence on me.

Last edited by JRA; 11-06-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Wow, if I was your drummer, you'd have to yell at me not to put toms on an intro. Whether or not that's a good thing I don't know. I still have yet to determine Ketih Moon's influence on me.
Dammit! I think this song definitely calls for tom usage, especially in the intro. He was playing some basic snare type of beat and it just didn't seem at all sinister. It's still not quite where I want it, but at least there's some toms on it now...
Old 11-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Dammit! I think this song definitely calls for tom usage, especially in the intro. He was playing some basic snare type of beat and it just didn't seem at all sinister. It's still not quite where I want it, but at least there's some toms on it now...

Well, the only way of making drums sinister in my opinion is to go all Scott Travis on them, really.