Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk-- Norrköping, Sweden--December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

  #11  
Old 11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
sneakbobcat's Avatar
sneakbobcat sneakbobcat is offline
Shredder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 726
My band are in the middle of recording at the moment, we are recording a demo after a sound engineer saw us at a gig and thought we were pretty good so offered us some free sessions in a recording studio to his expense, so we have already spent around 7 hours in the studio and we will return a few more times to complete the demo, i'll show you the results if you want when we are done.
__________________
13th Exploited
15th tbc
16th You Me At Six
28th Eric Clapton
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2006, 12:25 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakbobcat
My band are in the middle of recording at the moment, we are recording a demo after a sound engineer saw us at a gig and thought we were pretty good so offered us some free sessions in a recording studio to his expense, so we have already spent around 7 hours in the studio and we will return a few more times to complete the demo, i'll show you the results if you want when we are done.
Sweet, you should definitely let us hear it
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:03 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Yeah..I think a metronome is what we need, at least for practicing. We were having trouble lining up...I will have to find my brothers...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
Yeah..I think a metronome is what we need, at least for practicing. We were having trouble lining up...I will have to find my brothers...
Oh dude, metronomes are a must. Some people are really opposed to them though.

As an aside, I have a funny story. One of the drummers in my last band was named Eric. He was onboard for a month and couldn't keep time to save his life. After really working with him he would just refuse to work with a metronome and we just could not record or play songs properly, so we had to let him go. A few months later we split with our vocalist. This vocalist went on to start a band with Eric. Anyways, a few more months go by and we're on friendly terms with those guys again. I was talking to the vocalist who said Eric's a much better drummer now. The vocalist said Eric finally admitted the other day, "You know, I hate to say it, but those guys were right about the metronome."

Metronomes
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:17 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Yeah...my drumming and Brad's guitars just couldnt match up, playing by ear really sucks.....so...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:20 PM
sneakbobcat's Avatar
sneakbobcat sneakbobcat is offline
Shredder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 726
Metronomes, yes i guess so, but they are better for practicing individually. When recording use a click track. I know they are the same thing, but if you change the sound of it so it doesn't sound like artificial drums it's easier for the drummer and then once the drums are down and you have your guide track you're sorted.
__________________
13th Exploited
15th tbc
16th You Me At Six
28th Eric Clapton
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakbobcat
Metronomes, yes i guess so, but they are better for practicing individually. When recording use a click track. I know they are the same thing, but if you change the sound of it so it doesn't sound like artificial drums it's easier for the drummer and then once the drums are down and you have your guide track you're sorted.
well, we dont plan on recording while the metronome is on ....like...i play my drums, get them down solid, then Brad gets his guitar cleaner, the same with my brother, then we try altogether.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:26 PM
sneakbobcat's Avatar
sneakbobcat sneakbobcat is offline
Shredder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
well, we dont plan on recording while the metronome is on ....like...i play my drums, get them down solid, then Brad gets his guitar cleaner, the same with my brother, then we try altogether.
ofcourse.
__________________
13th Exploited
15th tbc
16th You Me At Six
28th Eric Clapton
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
just record the drums first, then have brad listen to them on headphones while he records the guitar.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-06-2006, 02:32 PM
KillYourFace's Avatar
KillYourFace KillYourFace is offline
I Kill Your Face
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Jarsey
Posts: 375
Bloody Scepter never used a fucking metronome
__________________
"you are a tool for the subversive conspirators that feed on weak minded young adults that are looking for some kind of love and guidance"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008