South Park 7 26.92%
Futurama 1 3.85%
Other (please specify) 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85
I think South Park continues to get funnier and more clever as time goes on. And the fact that they STILL find ways to piss people off after so long is pretty impressive.
Hell yeah have you been watching the new season?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:10 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I hate two part episodes
Old 11-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Shredder

South Park.

If you have seen one of the latest episodes, you will know undoubtedly who is the winner.

"Make Love Not Warcraft"

They teamed up with Blizzard to make this episode it's very funny.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
The Cheese

The WoW episode was great, but South Park gets a little too preachy sometimes. They used to always rail against celebrities that thought they knew it all because they were celebrities. Ironically, I think South Park is basically the thing it used to mock. It’s Stone and Parker’s ideological mouthpiece, although I will concede South Park is usually still pretty funny, but not nearly as much as what it once was.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
The WoW episode was great, but South Park gets a little too preachy sometimes. They used to always rail against celebrities that thought they knew it all because they were celebrities. Ironically, I think South Park is basically the thing it used to mock. It’s Stone and Parker’s ideological mouthpiece, although I will concede South Park is usually still pretty funny, but not nearly as much as what it once was.

That's exactly what the problem is. Matt & Trey think their opinions matter so much that they think they have to sacrifice being funny in order to get them across. It's quite clever how they execute it, really. They show you the preview of something actually being funny (who took a dump in the urinal?), and then when you go to watch the episode, within the first 3 minutes you see something that's been in the news/media alot lately (9/11 conspiracy theroists) and then you realize "Oh that's what they're going to preach about this time" and it completely ruins the episode.

I remember when the exact opposite was the case. The four boys would get into some kind of shennanigans completely unrelated to anything, they'd all call each other names that were funny when we were 14 or 15 (because honestly, that's who the show was marketed to), Cartman would threaten to kick Kyle in nuts, and at least half of the town would be leveled. And at the end Kyle would say "you know I've learned something today," and it would be something fickle but adorable because its coming out of a child's mouth, and we'd all go "yea, he's right" and smile.

Now they're busy saying "Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet," Are you fucking kidding me? Tom Cruise has been written off as gay ever since everyone here was in the sixth grade (well, not the old guys). It was our way of expressing jealousy that male movie stars were getting all the hot Hollywood pussy and we weren't.

Last edited by JRA; 11-06-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:00 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
That's exactly what the problem is. Matt & Trey think their opinions matter so much that they think they have to sacrifice being funny in order to get them across. It's quite clever how they execute it, really. They show you the preview of something actually being funny, and then when you go to watch the episode, within the first 3 minutes you see something that's been in the news/media alot lately and then you realize "Oh that's what they're going to preach about this time" and it completely ruins the episode.

I remember when the exact opposite was the case. The four boys would get into some kind of shennanigans completely unrelated to anything, they'd all call each other names that were funny when we were 14 or 15 (because honestly, that's who the show was marketed to), Cartman would threaten to kick Kyle in nuts, and at least half of the town would be leveled. And at the end Kyle would say "you know I've learned something today," and it would be something fickle but adorable because its coming out of a child's mouth, and we'd all go "yea, he's right" and smile.

Now they're busy saying "Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet," Are you fucking kidding me? Tom Cruise has been written off as gay ever since everyone here was in the sixth grade (well, not the old guys). It was our way of expressing jealousy that male movie stars were getting all the hot Hollywood pussy and we weren't.
You nailed it
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I thought last weeks episode was pretty good, cartman wants a Wii and ends up in the future being targeted for assassination by scientifically enhanced sea otters
Old 11-07-2006, 04:44 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
That's exactly what the problem is. Matt & Trey think their opinions matter so much that they think they have to sacrifice being funny in order to get them across. It's quite clever how they execute it, really. They show you the preview of something actually being funny (who took a dump in the urinal?), and then when you go to watch the episode, within the first 3 minutes you see something that's been in the news/media alot lately (9/11 conspiracy theroists) and then you realize "Oh that's what they're going to preach about this time" and it completely ruins the episode.

This is pretty much why I almost never watch new South Park anymore.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

The Tick
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
MY LEG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
The Tick