Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 11-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div
Set a court date for catfood? What the fuck is this, Communist Russia? Police raiding schools is FACSISM plain and simple. The cops in this case are no better then terrorists. It's part of trying to brainwash kids into accepting those type of situations as normal.

I would of told those cops to fuck off, this pisses me off so much. Fucking gestapo pricks.
ummm...did you not see my corrected post? They didnt set a court date. I was exagerrating. They didnt raid my car. They walked the dogs around on the parking lot and made them sniff around. The dogs got a hit, and kindly asked me if they could search my car, and the principal even told me I had the right to accept or deny their request. They went through the car (while I watched, after giving permission) and they found the bag full of canned catfood. When we got parking passes at the beginning of the year all had to agree that we were not to bring illegal substances onto the school property (IE the parking lot.)

They were very lax. Not gestapo. Very professional, I have to say

You are overreacting like it were a dihydrogen oxide spill or something
Old 11-01-2006, 02:56 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Well you're lucky, other schools got it alot worse. The worst probably was the one in texas where they shot a guys head clean off.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:56 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div
Set a court date for catfood? What the fuck is this, Communist Russia? Police raiding schools is FACSISM plain and simple. The cops in this case are no better then terrorists. It's part of trying to brainwash kids into accepting those type of situations as normal.

I would of told those cops to fuck off, this pisses me off so much. Fucking gestapo pricks.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

When you're a minor at a public school, you forfeit some of your rights. Remember, they still need a warrant or permission to search backpacks and cars. Lockers are school property, so they can open those, they just can't go through your bag. I have a problem with the militant way in which this country's law enforcement deals with drugs, but that's another topic for another time.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85
When you're a minor at a public school, you forfeit some of your rights. Remember, they still need a warrant or permission to search backpacks and cars. Lockers are school property, so they can open those, they just can't go through your bag. I have a problem with the militant way in which this country's law enforcement deals with drugs, but that's another topic for another time.
Like I said, they had to ask if they could go through my car. If i would have said no, then they would have taken a warrant straight to the judge and have him sign it within a few hours.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned Asshole

Old 11-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
Like I said, they had to ask if they could go through my car. If i would have said no, then they would have taken a warrant straight to the judge and have him sign it within a few hours.
Only if they had probable cause. If they don't, you can just refuse the search and they can't do anything about it.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85
Only if they had probable cause. If they don't, you can just refuse the search and they can't do anything about it.
The dogs got a hit on my car. "Supposedly" the dogs are trained to detect certain illegal substances. I think that is reason enough.

And plus, I had nothing to hide, so why would I not let them search? I did feel a little ackward though...my attire usually passes as "stoner rocker" garb...so....
Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
And plus, I had nothing to hide, so why would I not let them search?

because it lets the cop get away with that type of behavior, treating innocent people as suspects.

make this your next read:

Old 11-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div
because it lets the cop get away with that type of behavior, treating innocent people as suspects.

make this your next read:

DUDE! You are such a fucking retard. The purpose of the police is to ensure that we are kept safe, and that things like drugs, weapons, and alcohol are kept off school property to ensure a safe-learning environment. You are taking my story wrong. They smelt around my car. They got a hit. The cops and principal CALMLY told me I could deny or accept a search request. I accept. They told me that even if they had a legit hit, it might not be my fault (since the car is used, and marijuana smoke can stay in the fabric for up to 6 months)....they allowed me to watch the as they searched my car, slowly and politely, putting everything back where it belonged after searching through it.

They asked me what the three big bags were in the back. I told them they were bowling balls. They confirmed it by looking into the bag, and searching for the source of the "hit." They soon found the misplaced bag of canned cat food. They said that the dogs probably hit on either that or some smoke residue. They put everything back. Allowed me to lock the doors, and let me return to class.

It was very orderly, calm, polite, and not the least bit militant. You have a warped sense of reality. You may know of some extreme instances where the police are brutal, but you are blowing it way out of proportion.

You have a tendency to take some small happening, and devise your own military-state New World Order, "go back to sleep", rape-you-of-your-rights Illuminati Zionist conspiracy. Chill out, and take my tale for what it is. A simple school sweep to locate illegal drugs. Drugs are illegal, therefore searching and confiscation of drugs (and drugs only, no other belongings) is perfectly constitutional.

And your little line about treating innnocents like suspects....you are full of batshit. Suspects are just people that are innocent, but may be guilty. I was told that I had drugs...I was not told that I was going to be arrested. I was given my rights; to unlock my own car without them breaking my windows/locks, leave the building to the "scene" without being accused or arrested, having the right to approve or deny a search, etc.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 11-01-2006 at 08:05 PM.