Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

  #21  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Mmmkay! Now how would you like it, if you came home, and somebody laid a huge fudgedragon, all over your mom's face!


Ooooo you think that's funny Mmmkay!

How do you think he felt, when he walked into that bathroom, and saw a huge chocolate hotdog staring back at 'em?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
who is preventing us from taking that direction? we havent practiced in 3 weeks....maybe we can work on our song and make it progressiver
I don't want to change Living Martyr, I just want to start a separate non-metal project somewhere in my future.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-30-2006, 04:23 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
I don't want to change Living Martyr, I just want to start a separate non-metal project somewhere in my future.
I'm with ya
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
I'm with ya
We have to have an obscure citrus-based name, like Pineapple Thief or Tangerine Dream...
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-30-2006, 04:30 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Everywhere Else
Posts: 22,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
We have to have an obscure citrus-based name, like Pineapple Thief or Tangerine Dream...
Hmm......I'll have to squat on that one
__________________
Feel It
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
Tangerine Dream...
__________________
04/05: Dream Theater
04/29: Graveyard
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Ah, reminds me of the good ol days in the summer of 2005 when my band was recording our demo CD... we did it ourselves on our own time... so every week, to warm-up, we would play like a 20-minute version of Transylvania.

The whole song went as written until it picked up, after the second solo, we basically just kept returning to that main harmony and chord structure, and then started trading solos back and forth and back and forth, improvised some harmonies, did a little drum solo... it was a lot of fun.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is online now
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33
Ah, reminds me of the good ol days in the summer of 2005 when my band was recording our demo CD... we did it ourselves on our own time... so every week, to warm-up, we would play like a 20-minute version of Transylvania.

The whole song went as written until it picked up, after the second solo, we basically just kept returning to that main harmony and chord structure, and then started trading solos back and forth and back and forth, improvised some harmonies, did a little drum solo... it was a lot of fun.

Damn, you'd think that song would get boring after 15 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Maiden33's Avatar
Maiden33 Maiden33 is offline
In Search of Truth
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Damn, you'd think that song would get boring after 15 minutes.
Meh, not if you fuck with it enough.

Basically, it was a way for myself and our other guitarist to show off every little soloing trick we knew. Haha.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Spiral_Slave's Avatar
Spiral_Slave Spiral_Slave is offline
Dharma Wants You
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Mmmkay! Now how would you like it, if you came home, and somebody laid a huge fudgedragon, all over your mom's face!


Ooooo you think that's funny Mmmkay!
That episode was fucking classic. Me and my girlfriend were dying.
__________________
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008